Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

GralienTourist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Sep 2012, 8:55 pm

Ever gone on a long trip, like a couple of weeks, by yourself? I've done two, though with a few meetups in them. It's a different than being in a group for
sure, but some parts are liberating, as you can just follow your whims more and do what you feel like. I last went to europe, spending three days with others and about
8 by myself, just wandering through galleries and events. Not sure if I would do it like that again or not, but parts of it are cool.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 9:00 pm

Yes I've done this. Some ups and downs, but mostly ups. And even better when you have someone to meet during your travels :)

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 9:04 pm

I can't say I've ever went on holiday by myself. I imagine i wouldn't be so bad though, freeing yourself from all distractions to explore your thoughts and surroundings. The closest I've gotten to that would be the odd week here and there were I've had the house to myself. I have felt more at peace during these times, but a bit lonely.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

24 Sep 2012, 9:42 pm

A few times I do this. It feels great to be out, but when you are unprepared, though......

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 3:22 pm

I would desperately love to travel alone. I could travel down all those side streets I see out of the corner of my eye but can never convince anyone else to explore.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 4:23 pm

I've thought about it, especially when it comes to hiking and camping, since I can rarely get anyone to go with me. But, I always have safety concerns when it comes to being alone out in the woods as a female. Maybe I watch to much Law & Order, but I'd just be too worried about something happening, even if I had my pepper spray with me and tried to be careful. If that's not a concern for you, though, I say go for it.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 3:46 pm

never that long, due to work and stuff, but yes i do prefer to travel alone.

i also do not travel with a destination in mind, i go for a drive, wherever i end up is where i say i went. people dont get it, but for me, driving is relaxing, even in thick Boston traffic.