Has anybody noticed this stuff too wat concerns friendships?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 7:50 am

Has anyone actually noticed that when you have to prove yourself or other people that person x for example is your best friend, that person x suddenly out of nowhere starts acting really weird to you and eventually screws you over and leaves you rotting without any reason or cause whatsoever?

You're probably gonna tell me stuff like "yeah, but if you friend people who you don't completely trust you should of seen this coming to you" but the thing is, I really TRUSTED THOSE PEOPLE. So did my parents and everyone I'm related to.

Another thing I personally would be getting from people is to "immediately break contact with those who you don't trust 100%" but guess what? I'm doing that right now and it basically took me to the point again where I have 0 friends again.

Of course I could just go with the facebook myth that says "everybody is going to hurt you, you just have to find the ones worth suffering for!"

Yup, that's the way to go I guess...

But something makes me think of the incoming lawsuits that I will get spared of if I just don't seek contact anymore with the average Joe and their female equivalent on the street or on the internet.

But it seems to me that whenever I have to prove a friendship I have to another person, some strange paranormal force out of nowhere causes my friendship with that person I was about to show to dissolve completely.

Seems like life on earth does seem to have some paranormal "out of this world"-sides, but whatever, just keep on smiling and make sure people don't see you as someone who is extremely OOOOODDDD!

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 11:42 am

Don't know if this is what you mean, but someone I've been friends with for 20+ years and who has been practically my only friend throughout my entire adult life has suddenly had quite a bit of good fortune and now I haven't seen her in 3 months. The only way she keeps in touch with people is on Facebook now and I don't have internet at home and it's blocked at work.

Last time I saw her in person, she embarrassed me in front of lot of people (accidentally--she's kinda got a big mouth and doesn't think before she speaks sometimes) and kids freak her out so I don't feel welcome around her with my son and it's hard to get out without him.

I have come to her rescue many times when she was depressed, broke, drunk, stranded, brokenhearted, whatever. She really hasn't been there for me. She monopolized our conversations, but didn't do that to other people. She'd leave me sitting there while she took a long phone call, but if I called her, she'd say, "I can't talk right now. I've got company."

Looking back over what I've written, I guess I should say, "Good riddance."