Don't you sometimes hate the way the human mind is wired?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 9:40 am

Like when someone is extremely friendly or extremely annoying, it doesn't seem to matter to me, there is always some barrier between me and the other person, regardless of how great they are to me.

Sometimes I believe a true companion and friend to me couldn't ever be a human or even an animal.

There is something about the human mind that I really don't get at all.

Often when I speak to people in public I always seem to talk right through them instead of with them and they always seem to give replies that aren't any use to me or satisfy me somehow.

echinopsis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2012, 6:01 pm

each sentence you wrote is true to me. there are people i sincerely like for who they are and im happy to know about their life and about them being well, but i never feel actually connected to anyone and i never get the impression that a conversation i am having with someone could mean anything to me. i am enjoying conversations to some degree when the person talking to me has nonboring things to say and i try to be as friendly as i possibly can, but i never feel like it is actual communication. a girl who i cared about once said to me that i would die for her if it would help her, but that i would not miss her a second if she was gone, and this is precisely how i felt about her. i wondered if feeling a connection is possible for me after all, but i think it is because of how my own mind is wired and therefor i doubt it. sorry that i do not have anything encouraging to say.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 5:09 pm

Uprising wrote:
Like when someone is extremely friendly or extremely annoying, it doesn't seem to matter to me, there is always some barrier between me and the other person, regardless of how great they are to me.

There is something about the human mind that I really don't get at all.

All too often I feel like people "want" something from me. To agree with them, or to be on their "side".

JockGitJnr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2012, 8:11 pm

echinopsis wrote:
a girl who i cared about once said to me that i would die for her if it would help her, but that i would not miss her a second if she was gone, and this is precisely how i felt about her. i wondered if feeling a connection is possible for me after all.

I have said this to a few people I could live without and I often think I would be okay to live without anyone close to me, but I have recently found out, when my Grandad died, that actually there are connections to be made in the world; There are also people who fake the connections. How to tell if you have a connection or if a connection is fake or not, I have no clue.