Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 3:54 pm

I just had to tell someone! I'm going in a little horse show with my lesson pony on October 27th. I've never jumped in a horse show before so I'm starting in the adult crossrails. (Teeny tiny little x-shaped jumps. In case anyone was wondering) I'm so excited! I get to play dress-up. I'll be schooling extra hard between now and then.

(I posted here instead of sports because some people I wanted to tell here don't really seem to go to the sports section.)

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 7:58 pm

I hope this isn't anything like the "Donkey Show." That was not what I thought it was supposed to be (and after 5 years, I'm still trying to erase the memories of clicking that link)...
Back to the (more relavent) topic: Hopefully you do well (this is a competition, right?). I'll admit, I know very little about horseriding and showmanship... I'm still too freaked out from that horse kicking me in the chest when I was 13 to try to ride one again.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 8:12 pm

Sounds like fun,I wish I had a small gaited mule to ride.They are more suited to the terrain around here.Once I attended a mule jump and it was awesome! In the old timer days when people would ride their mules thru the woods if they came upon a fence you couldn't cut it or take it down so you would dismount,throw your jacket over the fence and then lead the mule up to it and the mule jumps the fence,then you climb on and ride away.So now they have competitions to see who's mule can jump over the highest obstacle.The team that won was a big hulk of a man and a small mule.It followed him around like a pet dog and after each jump he gave the mule a vanilla wafer.I was so glad they won,they were so cute together. Good luck and have a great time!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself. :)

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 10:31 am

Thank you all so much!
Yes it is a competition, but a fun one. When I was a kid I went to horse shows all the time with my quarter horse. My Dad sucked almost all of the fun out of it. This show will be about me, my lesson pony, my trainer, and FUN! This will be the first time for all of that. This is why I'm so excited. My hubby is trying to get off for the day so he can take pictures. I'll post any pictures that I can get. Who knows, maybe my lesson pony and I may even win a ribbon. That would be SOOO COOL! :thumleft:

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 9:21 pm

Well, the horse show was yesterday. It was so much fun! My lesson pony was such a good girl. She won Reserve Champion with her owner/regular rider in a division with a lot of entries.

My division was really small but we won two second place ribbons and one first place and wound up being the Grand Champions.

If anyone is interested I have pics. It'll just take a little while to get them posted.

(Horse show "glossary"

Classes are divided by age of rider, type of horse, size of pony etc.
Each division consists of a number of classes.
At the end of the day, the number of points awarded in each class by each competitor is added up.
(Points are earned by winning ribbons)
The top two competitors in each division are awarded the Grand Champion and Reserve Champion titles/ribbons.)

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 9:57 pm

It sounds like you and your pony did terrifically, especially for both of yours first show. :)

Is it scary doing the jumps?

Congratulations!