No. 29%  29%  [ 15 ]
I'm indifferent to it. 29%  29%  [ 15 ]
What's My Little Pony? 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 51

AProudHillbilly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Nov 2012, 10:42 am

I've noticed a slight trend here (or maybe it's just that the people who are commenting on the same things I'm commenting on are just all similar in tastes)... is a love for My Little Pony common to AS? My husband and son (whom I suspect also have AS) like My Little Pony, and when I came here, I noticed quite a lot of people here enjoy it too.

I accept PMs from females only. Sorry. Personal convictions.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 10:47 am

A lot of the fanbase is composed of artists, musicians, writers and generally introverted people.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

01 Nov 2012, 11:17 am

In some ways I like it, then I go on DeviantART, and it's pretty much everywhere. 8O

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 8:06 pm

I've seen it, and it's okay for a show about talking ponies. I just don't understand some of the hype saying that it is one the best shows ever made. Or the claim that Lauren Faust is comparable to that of a " god " :? * this claim is probably from rabid fan boys, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised *

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 8:43 pm

I liked My Little Pony toys when I was about 8-9, but I haven't cared for it since. I was never a fan of the story tapes or the cartoon, only the toys.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 9:26 pm

I've never watched it, so I can't really say. I have heard that it is designed to cross age boundaries in how it appeals to it's audience, much like "The Powerpuff Girls", "Pinky and the Brain" and "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle" did in the past.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 3:47 am

I was obsessed with it for several months. It's still a minor interest but nowhere near as strong as it used to be. I think what killed it for me was people making fun of me for liking it. I almost wish that MLP hadn't gotten to be so popular, because people seemed to make fun of me for liking it because of the hype surrounding it instead of the fact that it's a kid's show. I still like the cute designs of the ponies and will still buy merch, and there is still one pony who I count amongst my favorite fictional characters, but I don't really watch the series anymore nor am I planning on continuing.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Nov 2012, 4:31 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I was obsessed with it for several months. It's still a minor interest but nowhere near as strong as it used to be. I think what killed it for me was people making fun of me for liking it. I almost wish that MLP hadn't gotten to be so popular, because people seemed to make fun of me for liking it because of the hype surrounding it instead of the fact that it's a kid's show. I still like the cute designs of the ponies and will still buy merch, and there is still one pony who I count amongst my favorite fictional characters, but I don't really watch the series anymore nor am I planning on continuing.

I am sorry that those people made fun of you for it. :(

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 8:44 am

Best. Show. Evar. Generation 3 (not including 3.5) was pretty good too.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 8:48 am

I don't understand the obsession with MLP. The characters are one-dimensional, the writing is formulaic, and the dialog goes on far too long.

It's like professional sports -- once you've seen one episode (or game), you've pretty much seen them all.

But what do I know? I can't stand sugar donuts, either, and I'm baffled as to why anyone would want to gorge themselves on them. Same for MLP; it's not my thing, but I won't prevent anyone from enjoying it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 8:57 am

The old or the new one?

AProudHillbilly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2012, 11:41 am

Either or.

AProudHillbilly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2012, 11:42 am

Fnord wrote:
But what do I know? I can't stand sugar donuts, either, and I'm baffled as to why anyone would want to gorge themselves on them. Same for MLP; it's not my thing, but I won't prevent anyone from enjoying it.

I like this.

AProudHillbilly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2012, 11:46 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I think what killed it for me was people making fun of me for liking it. I almost wish that MLP hadn't gotten to be so popular, because people seemed to make fun of me for liking it because of the hype surrounding it instead of the fact that it's a kid's show.

I'm sorry people made fun of you for liking it. I'm worried for my son in that regard, as he is highly sensitive, and I'm not about to tell him "you can't like MLP because you're a boy". It was hard enough for him to admit to me that he liked it. But I try to tell him that it's okay to like things that are directed towards girls. He also loves Minecraft and Transformers, so who can make fun of him for that?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 1:40 pm

AProudHillbilly wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
I think what killed it for me was people making fun of me for liking it. I almost wish that MLP hadn't gotten to be so popular, because people seemed to make fun of me for liking it because of the hype surrounding it instead of the fact that it's a kid's show.

I'm sorry people made fun of you for liking it. I'm worried for my son in that regard, as he is highly sensitive, and I'm not about to tell him "you can't like MLP because you're a boy". It was hard enough for him to admit to me that he liked it. But I try to tell him that it's okay to like things that are directed towards girls. He also loves Minecraft and Transformers, so who can make fun of him for that?

Thank you. I'm not a parent but I think that as long as your son doesn't go around telling everyone at school that he likes ponies or takes any pony merchandise to school, he should be fine. I personally find it sad that we live in a culture where males have to adhere to strict gender conformity. My own brother is sensitive and very clean-cut, and he says that other people mistake him for gay all the time. (not that there's anything wrong with being gay of course; it's just that he's straight and wishes he could have a girlfriend)

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 2:30 pm

AProudHillbilly wrote:
Either or.

Well...watching old cartoons (such as the old MLP) relaxes me as it brings me back to the feeling I had when very young.