I hate my name!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 11:29 am

I love my mum, she's been a descent parent, but I really wish she hadn't chose my Godforsaken name! I hate it! It's crap! It's the worst name in the world! I would change it but it's too late now, everyone knows me as my original name and it'd be difficult getting everyone to remember to call me a new name. It's not worth it. If I was moving far away and starting a new life then I would change my name.

Each time I say my ugly name to someone, all the response I get is ''who?!'' Every time someone else says my name to someone, they always go, ''who?!'' Why is it so misheard? Why can't I have a clear name? My middle name is Rebecca, why couldn't my mum have called me that? It's more clearer, and doesn't sound like any other name.

I f*****g HATE MY STUPID NAME!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 3:29 pm

is your name joe? I agree that rebecca is a good name but i'm sure whatever your first name is, it can't be that bad

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 3:58 pm

I suppose your name is Jo.

I like short names.

urbanpixie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Nov 2012, 5:34 pm

Joe90- I appreciated your post and I totally know what you mean. My name makes me feel like people are judging me negatively as soon as they meet me. It is an uncommon name and the pronunciation isn't obvious, so people tend to give me a quizzical look if they're reading my name from a list. It makes me feel like they already think I'm odd and different (and won't fit it) because of my name and I'm awkward enough without the name.

LUCKILY, when I was 11 I was able to shorten my ridiculous name to a common and normal name. Going by my nickname makes me feel like I have a better chance to fit in because my name is normal.

I am also frustrated with my mom name-wise- not because of the name she picked for me, but because she's the only person in my life who won't call me by my nickname that I prefer.

Can you relate? I wanted to let you know you're not alone. If you really don't like your name, can you get people to call you Rebecca? Your name should make YOU happy.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 5:46 pm

urbanpixie wrote:
Joe90- I appreciated your post and I totally know what you mean. My name makes me feel like people are judging me negatively as soon as they meet me. It is an uncommon name and the pronunciation isn't obvious, so people tend to give me a quizzical look if they're reading my name from a list. It makes me feel like they already think I'm odd and different (and won't fit it) because of my name and I'm awkward enough without the name.

LUCKILY, when I was 11 I was able to shorten my ridiculous name to a common and normal name. Going by my nickname makes me feel like I have a better chance to fit in because my name is normal.

I am also frustrated with my mom name-wise- not because of the name she picked for me, but because she's the only person in my life who won't call me by my nickname that I prefer.

Can you relate? I wanted to let you know you're not alone. If you really don't like your name, can you get people to call you Rebecca? Your name should make YOU happy.

That's a good idea, next time you meet someone, you can say your name is Rebecca. In fact, it is, because it's one of your names too. I had this friend called Leonardo and people called him Nando, Nando is not the nickname of Leonardo but nobody cared. He chose that nickname.

Or maybe you can change the order of your names.

belladaisy

28 Nov 2012, 1:10 am

I really hated the name my parents gave me at birth. It's difficult to say and has a lot of sounds that I don't like. Its common nicknames also have those same problems. It was actually getting to the point where I dreaded the idea of going through the whole of my life with that name. When I was about 14, my friends and I randomly picked out names for ourselves. Mine stuck. When I left highschool and went to college, with a completely new set of people, I introduced myself to everyone with this new name - because after 4 years, this one seemed more real than the other.

You don't have to go so far as actually changing your name, but I like the idea of going by your middle name if that's better than your first name. If people around you understand, maybe you could try it out for a little while, and see if it feels right. I definitely believe you should be happy with your name because you have to deal with it so often.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Nov 2012, 1:29 am

Hey, OP: You're not alone. I hate my real name too. I sound out of place.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 11:02 am

For some ungodly reason my mother thought giving me a terrible name was a brilliant idea. I'm soon going to change my entire name.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 12:18 pm

An Iraqi acquaintance of mine was all 8O when he heard my first name. He told me in very polite terms that its meaning in Arabic is the "outer end of rectum."