Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 9:05 pm

Well, not exactly new, because I get it about once a year. But, yet again it's Victorian and Edwardian era England.

I'm also interested in finally learning Rhyming Slang.

I got the bestest few new outfits that fit too. I actually had those Mary Poppins boots for a little while but I now have three long skirts (yard sale) and some high necked ruffled blouses.

Anybody else into these interests?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

belladaisy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2012, 9:59 pm

My favourite era at the moment is the 11th century, but English history in general is great! I think Victorian and Edwardian clothes are beautiful, but it is way too hot where I am at the moment to consider long skirts, boots and high-necked blouses.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 12:58 am

I like to picture myself as male Cockney during the late 19th century, wearing a poor boy cap, a black vest and a red scarf around my neck. I can see myself drinking down my pint when I'm not sweeping chimneys.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 1:49 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I like to picture myself as male Cockney during the late 19th century, wearing a poor boy cap, a black vest and a red scarf around my neck. I can see myself drinking down my pint when I'm not sweeping chimneys.

You wouldnt want to be a charity boy now would you>

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 1:54 am

Mick I've just read Oliver Twist again. It makes me really gie a think or two to the way I express myself which seems to so very much I cant even come up with a word ther emate, not good enough I suppose should be.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 2:54 am

I love Victorian and Edwardian England! A lot of my favorite movies take place during those time periods - Alice in Wonderland (2010), Sweeney Todd (2007), Finding Neverland, and the book "Fingersmith" by Sarah Waters. I would love to live during those times, or at least time-travel there. :)

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 9:13 am

When I was a kid I had a fascination with a book called "The Railway Children" that took place during those times. I ruined my nice green velvet maxi skirt that my mom made me by playing Railway Children.