Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 11:07 am

I don't know if its part of the spectrum or just OCD or stupidity. Does anyone have a list of things that they jot down to worry about? I have a list of 8 things at the moment that I'm worried about. It was 4 but now its 8. :(

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 11:24 am

I worry about:
Getting a serious disease (cancer, Alzheimer's, arthritis, pneumonia, staph)
Losing my job
Being homeless
Very concerned about the loss of Asperger's as definition...it fit me to a 'T, and Autism doesn't.
Worry about having no friends when I am old
A lot more.

Sylkat

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 5:25 am

I don't have a concrete list, but worried I am. All the time. I realize that a great many of my worries are just creation of my mind, but knowing this is no remedy. The worries are there, for example these:

– The fear that my tutelary spirit, Guardian Angel if you prefer, is not real; the fear that there is no one listening to me talking to them.
– The fear that someone will hurt my cat, or that she accidentally herts herself. I'm really overprotective towards her.
– I have recently come to realize that my life has no special purpose. If it had, I would have found it long ago. This worries me a lot at times.
– Some consequences in life are best described as punishment. I can live with that, I have made bad decisions for which I am paying now. But it worries me that there is more punishment awaiting when I depart from this life and enter the afterworld. In other words, I'm afraid of having to go to hell.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 9:44 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
I don't know if its part of the spectrum or just OCD or stupidity. Does anyone have a list of things that they jot down to worry about?

I have always been a worrier, but I never tend to keep concrete physical lists, unless I need it for formal talks (like shrink, emplyment agency, doctor's appointment).

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 10:01 pm

Oh, I forgot; I live in an earthquake zone, so there's frequently one of those happening, and I use public transportation, so I'm always worried about the bus I wait for not showing up, and I work in a big hospital, graveyard shift, we have had numerous incidents of violent individuals ( weapons, people trying to drive their vehicle into the hospital, assaults in the parking lot, violent spouses getting into the facility, patients brought into the ER under drug/alcohol influence, many nights we have people brought in by local police, and sheriffs, AND border patrol; some nights our ER looks like a law enforcement convention! And we ALWAYS have people trying to get into areas they do not belong in!

Sylkat :roll:

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 11:25 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Oh, I forgot; I live in an earthquake zone (…)

I thought you were British! 8O