Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 1:29 am

who else here like's jack in the box restaurant
and does your state have jack in the box restaurant

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

19 Jan 2014, 1:38 am

I live in Washington state, and yes, they do have them here. And even if I move to Los Angeles, they'll still be Jack in the Box for me to come to. :) I love their food and commercials.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 4:17 am

There's none at all in Utah. Some in St. George, but that's it.

They had them at every corner in Washington, but they weren't anything special.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jan 2014, 2:13 pm

Before I read this thread I always thought jack in the box was a kiddie toy & never thought it could be a restaurant. I lived in Louisiana till I moved to Vermont a year ago

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 6:37 pm

I'm in Texas, and they're EVERYWHERE!! ! And it's delicious!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 12:16 am

There's very little not to like about a place that sells tacos, egg rolls and curly fries on the same menu. If there is more than 1 person already ordering I have to pass though

wcoltd
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 12:19 am

Never been, my best friend for a while had a Jack in the Box bobble head he got from the Restaurant from when he lived on the west coast, said it was "The s**t".

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 6:44 pm

Interestingly, some of the Jack In The Box restaurants in Seattle are crime magnets. I guess since they're open 24 hours it's a good place for shady characters to hang out in at 2 AM. They've had several muggings and even murders at a few of the restaurants here. I can see why. They're not located directly by another store. Their parking lots are huge, fairly isolated and not well lit. And shady characters peddle their wares in and near them. Unfortunately, because of my misspent past, I know this to be real.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 7:08 pm

billiscool wrote:
who else here like's jack in the box restaurant
and does your state have jack in the box restaurant

I stopped eating there 20 years ago when they killed all those people with E. coli. I wasn't a big fan of it even before that though.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 7:32 pm

Jack in the Box Is good, though getting expensive, prices have really gone up lately there.
They should call it "Jack up the Cost"

I can't stand that douchey Jack character though, he needs to go.

Diagnosed in 2005

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm

pete1061 wrote:
Jack in the Box Is good, though getting expensive, prices have really gone up lately there.

Isn't that the problem with most fast food now? When I was in high school I could take my school lunch money and go to Burger King and buy a Whopper and a Coke for $1.25. And that was with the hyperinflation of the 1970s that had doubled the price since the 1960s. As late as the 1990s anytime I was really broke and didn't have much to spend on food. I could usually go to BK and get a Whopper on sale for 99¢.

Now here in California anyway a Whopper is like $4.89 or something like that and I never see it on sale. The only time I eat it now is if a I have a buy one get one free coupon, and I don't get those coupons that often. Even then when i do get them, I don't feel like it's that great a deal.

pete1061 wrote:

:lol: They can't get rid of that mother freaker. It keeps coming back. I remember in the 1990s when they had the "Jack's Back" ad campaign going on. The Jack in the Box near me, had a Good Times Burger (Colorado) right across the street. The Jack in the Box had a sign up "Jacks Back". The Good Time Burger countered it with a sign reading "Go back Jack, and have a Good Time on the way". I thought it was funny anyway and it seemed to work. The Jack in the Box closed down shortly after that.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

20 Jan 2014, 11:07 pm

^ What Max000 said about Jack: +1

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 12:25 am

Max000 wrote:
pete1061 wrote:

Isn't that the problem with most fast food now? When I was in high school I could take my school lunch money and go to Burger King and buy a Whopper and a Coke for $1.25. And that was with the hyperinflation of the 1970s that had doubled the price since the 1960s. As late as the 1990s anytime I was really broke and didn't have much to spend on food. I could usually go to BK and get a Whopper on sale for 99¢.

Now here in California anyway a Whopper is like $4.89 or something like that and I never see it on sale. The only time I eat it now is if a I have a buy one get one free coupon, and I don't get those coupons that often. Even then when i do get them, I don't feel like it's that great a deal.

pete1061 wrote:

:lol: They can't get rid of that mother freaker. It keeps coming back. I remember in the 1990s when they had the "Jack's Back" ad campaign going on. The Jack in the Box near me, had a Good Times Burger (Colorado) right across the street. The Jack in the Box had a sign up "Jacks Back". The Good Time Burger countered it with a sign reading "Go back Jack, and have a Good Time on the way". I thought it was funny anyway and it seemed to work. The Jack in the Box closed down shortly after that.

With the minimum wage going up to $10/hr and some activists even screaming for $15, expect that $4.89 Whopper to BE the sale price soon. I drive past "the world's oldest McDonald's" frequently and they have a huge banner reading: BIG MAC - 2 for $4.44, it seems only last year they were still offering them for half the price. Also have noticed where they still have the Dollar Menu it is down to 3 lunchtime items from about 8

As far as RedRobin's assertion, it may go according to what geographical area the store is in and whether or not a franchisee or the company put it there. Near me some of them will close at 10PM, some later and the 24-hour is for the drive-thru only. A particular location next to a Motel 6 charges 20% more for everything

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 1:54 am

2wheels4ever wrote:
Max000 wrote:
pete1061 wrote:

pete1061 wrote:

With the minimum wage going up to $10/hr and some activists even screaming for $15, expect that $4.89 Whopper to BE the sale price soon.

Oh give me a break with that Faux News BS. That BK has one manager ($15 hr.) and three workers ($9 hr.) working in there. Thats like less then $500 a day for labor with zero benefits paid. A store like that, easily takes in $5,000 to $10,000 a day. They could double the wages, not raise prices and still make a filthy big profit.

The minimum wage is lower today then it was 50 years ago, when they were selling Whoppers for 40¢ ($3.00 adjusted for inflation). The burger prices keep going up. The wages keep going down. Our problem is corporate greed, not wages.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 2:26 am

@Max000:
Businesses want to maintain the same profit margin. So if their labor costs (or any other cost) go up, their prices will also go up. Plain and simple business 101.
Here in Oregon, we have a minimum wage tied to inflation. every jan 1st, it goes up a bit. And in turn, every jan 1st, fast food prices go up a bit more. Happens every year.
To think a place paying minimum wage is going to raise wages without raising prices is pure delusion.

A $15 minimum wage would most certainly spike all fast food prices.
I don't gamble, but on this one, I'd wager a million dollars.

Diagnosed in 2005

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Jan 2014, 2:47 am

pete1061 wrote:
A $15 minimum wage would most certainly spike all fast food prices.
I don't gamble, but on this one, I'd wager a million dollars.
I belive the same thing but I'd rather pay a little more so that there workers could make ends meet without having to rely on tax-payer funded benefits.
If minimum-wage goes up more people could afford to eat fast-food so those places may get more customers espessically if they don't raise their prices but buisnesses don't think that way usually.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition