What makes a root beer float edible?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 8:53 am

I don't drink root beer or any carbonated drinks because I just can't stand them. The bubbles hurt and sting my throat. However, if I drink root beer in a root beer float, I can drink it just fine. I'm thinking there must be something in the ice cream that makes it edible. Some kind of chemical reaction? Does anyone this? I'm just curious.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 9:08 am

*googles "root beer float"*

My scientific based answer for your question, is that vanilla ice is normally based on milk/cream ice. Because of thats adding fat to the fluid, which is less likely to adapt to the CO2 bubbles, this will make the sparkling "milder" I think.

But as an Austrian, which is a neighborcountry to Germany and being in competition with Germany about "How the hell a good beer truly should taste like... (Means if you think german beer is good, then you have not tried austrian yet.)

I mean are you US people crazy? First the genozid on the american origins, followed by vietnam war, Irak and Afghanistan... AND NOW VANILLAICED BEER? WHAT HAS THAT BEER DONE TO YOU! IS IT SOME SORT OF PUNISHMENT FOR THE BEER, BECAUSE OF IT BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CRASH OF THE INTERNET-MARKET? HAS IT KILLED LITTLE KIDS? DONT YOU FEEL GUILTY ABOUT TREATING A BEER LIKE THAT???! !! DONT YOU KNOW ABOUT THE 11th COMMANDMENT: YOU SHALL NOT MESS UP YOUR BEER LIKE THAT?

DOES UNO AND AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL KNOW ABOUT THAT? I mean I am sure that this is done to an american brand, which will not be tasting worthy anyway, but at least it should be given the right to flee your country and seek for asylum, before this is done to it....

Sarcams out... ^^ Vanilla ice into beer.... O_o

ShyGeek13
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2014, 9:58 am

Schneekugel wrote:

My scientific based answer for your question, is that vanilla ice is normally based on milk/cream ice. Because of thats adding fat to the fluid, which is less likely to adapt to the CO2 bubbles, this will make the sparkling "milder" I think.

But as an Austrian, which is a neighborcountry to Germany and being in competition with Germany about "How the hell a good beer truly should taste like... (Means if you think german beer is good, then you have not tried austrian yet.)

I mean are you US people crazy?

[rest of large rant snipped]

It's ROOT BEER.
It's not real beer, many types don't even have alcohol.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 10:09 am

Schneekugel wrote:

I mean are you US people crazy? First the genozid on the american origins, followed by vietnam war, Irak and Afghanistan... AND NOW VANILLAICED BEER? WHAT HAS THAT BEER DONE TO YOU! IS IT SOME SORT OF PUNISHMENT FOR THE BEER, BECAUSE OF IT BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CRASH OF THE INTERNET-MARKET? HAS IT KILLED LITTLE KIDS? DONT YOU FEEL GUILTY ABOUT TREATING A BEER LIKE THAT???! !! DONT YOU KNOW ABOUT THE 11th COMMANDMENT: YOU SHALL NOT MESS UP YOUR BEER LIKE THAT?

DOES UNO AND AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL KNOW ABOUT THAT? I mean I am sure that this is done to an american brand, which will not be tasting worthy anyway, but at least it should be given the right to flee your country and seek for asylum, before this is done to it....

Since you are so into googling, I'd suggest you google root beer. Then remove this whole f*****g rant before you feel like a total goddamned idiot. It's a whole nother drink.

ETA; unless this is just another misguided "we are so superior to you idiots" rant, which in case I'd just leave it up to add to your track record.

That is all.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 1:54 pm

Schneekugel wrote:

Thanks. I thought it must be some kind of chemical reaction having to do with the CO2. When I first pour the root beer over the ice cream, even though I fill the glass, half of it is actually the gas bubbles escaping. I have to keep adding more to fill it.

I don't think root beer is actually beer. It's made by boiling the root of a certain plant. I don't know what it's called off the top of my head. I think there are two types of root beer, one alcocholic and one that's a sweet soft drink. I'm not sure why they call it beer, but I've never tried the alcoholic one,just the soft drink. I don't know what a real beer with ice cream would taste like, though, since I've never tried it.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 2:08 pm

ShyGeek13 wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:

I mean are you US people crazy?

[rest of large rant snipped]

It's ROOT BEER.
It's not real beer, many types don't even have alcohol.

Hard root beer isn't even popular.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 4:54 pm

I never heard of root beer with alcohol in it.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 7:43 am

OliveOilMom wrote:

Since you are so into googling, I'd suggest you google root beer. Then remove this whole f***ing rant before you feel like a total goddamned idiot. It's a whole nother drink.

ETA; unless this is just another misguided "we are so superior to you idiots" rant, which in case I'd just leave it up to add to your track record.

That is all.

I am not sure about the english definition of sarcams, but around here its meant, that you do not mean it in the way you wrote. ;) Its a joke, and not meant as a rant. :)

Last edited by Schneekugel on 02 Feb 2014, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 8:33 am

I think the cream coats your throat and makes it less sensitive. There are some foods that irritate the lining of my mouth, but if I drink some milk first I don't get that feeling. Probably also why milk cools down your mouth after eating something with hot sauce whereas drinking water makes it worse. I bet if you put milk in Orange Crush soda pop (called a 50/50) it would be the same. Or milk and Pepsi (yeah ppl actually drink that combo).

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 1:33 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
I don't think root beer is actually beer. It's made by boiling the root of a certain plant.

Sassafras. Mountain people still dig sassafras and make tea but root beer is artificially flavored because the oil in sassafras might be dangerous, but what the h*ll isn't these days?

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 8:44 pm

Sylkat wrote:
I never heard of root beer with alcohol in it.

actually some does, especially the home brewed varieties

the older ones all had some alcohol, it really WAS root BEER, jsut a beer with flavor from sugars and the flavoring compounds were from different things than either barley, wheat or corn and there is never hops or anything in it.

and I think the others are right, the ice cream smooths it down, I can't have it anymore since I am Vegan (one of the things I miss, many other things I don't miss)