white people: Do you secretly wish you were black?

Page 3 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you wish you were black?
I wish I was black 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
I wish I were a different race that doesn't fit into the category of white or black 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I wish I were of mixed race 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I don't care/don't wish I were black 86%  86%  [ 44 ]
Total votes : 51

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 6:13 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I used to think that if I was white my life would be better. I even went so far as to straighten my hair and everything. I'm not attuned to "black culture" at all. I prefer living amongst whites even though I sometimes feel I have nothing in common with them and can't relate to them.

poor Obama :wink:

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 7:35 pm

GinBlossoms wrote:
No, I never experience white guilt at all. That doesn't mean, that I have anything against people of color. But I admit that white people are being trashed by some in modern society. Either all the races should hate each other and separate, or we can choose to live together and be color blind.

I am tired of white people being called racist. :(
Me either. Any of my ancestors that did things like own slaves were fought against by my other ancestors who wanted to free slaves, with both parties being long dead by now and me having no power or ability to influence the choices made by dead people.

Plus some of my ancestors might not have been white, which further removes any 'guilt' that I even 'should' feel.

* Bashing of white people is an easy way to 'pass the buck' off of any crappy life choices any minority using 'white blame' happens to make. And bashing for past racial crimes is a bit hypocritical when at least one point in time their race had once been an oppressor themselves as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

*I'm saying this for every race.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 8:18 pm

have got no understanding of race so it doesnt mean anything whatever colour someone is,people all look the same to self, am not able to process differences.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 10:34 pm

Yeah, so I can say n****r a lot and not be thought a jerk when I do.

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2014, 10:40 pm

I honestly don't know what to make of this thread and can't decide if I should be offended or think of this question as innocent :/

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 10:47 pm

Dillogic wrote:

agree it's ok when they do it . :wink:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Feb 2014, 10:56 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Dillogic wrote:

They say it with an A at the end instead of an E R. An E R at the end is the way it was siad by white slave owners. Black culture decided to own the word for themselves & changed the E R to an A.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 11:07 pm

Nope, never. Hell I don't even want to be human half the time. I'm coming back as a cat next incarnation. Unless I can be a unicorn. :D

Nothing against black people, I just have no interest in being one. For one their hair isn't nice and I have this thing about hair. Though I wouldn't mind being Asian (they are so beautiful) but perfectly happy to be white for as long as I am human.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Feb 2014, 11:35 pm

Halfmadgenius wrote:
Nothing against black people, I just have no interest in being one. For one their hair isn't nice and I have this thing about hair.
I kind of like the afros they had in the 70s. I heard they're much less prone to male-pattern baldness but I'm not sure about that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 1:51 am

I believe we are all born equal and that race means nothing more then ones inherited personal appearance thanks to genetics, with that said people who are not white are a minority where I live and since there are many people still living in the dark areas of the distant past I am glad that skin colour issues are issues I don't have to face, not that I want to hang around with racist people anyway.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 3:37 am

nick007 wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
Dillogic wrote:

They say it with an A at the end instead of an E R. An E R at the end is the way it was siad by white slave owners. Black culture decided to own the word for themselves & changed the E R to an A.

Funny in France /Switzerland they have a desert called tete de negre aka n****rs head, dark chocolate on the outside marshmellow on the inside , bit like Obama if you believe the critics. 8O

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 3:39 am

Halfmadgenius wrote:
Nope, never. Hell I don't even want to be human half the time. I'm coming back as a cat next incarnation. Unless I can be a unicorn. :D

Nothing against black people, I just have no interest in being one. For one their hair isn't nice and I have this thing about hair. Though I wouldn't mind being Asian (they are so beautiful) but perfectly happy to be white for as long as I am human.

hopefully not born in korea :wink:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 5:11 am

Sometimes I wish I wasnt white so I dont have to bear the guilt of what white people did to others in the past!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 6:03 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Sometimes I wish I wasnt white so I dont have to bear the guilt of what white people did to others in the past!

why ? how far do you want to go ? should the Italians apologise to other Europeans for what the Romans did ? .

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 6:41 am

It's not something I had ever wished, but I wouldn't mind it at all.

Mixed race would be perfect though.

Certainly more interesting than being scarily pale white.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 5:12 pm

It's never occurred to me, since I have grown up around people who the majority were white, so I didn't think anything of it.

I seem to be the type of person who only wants what the majority of people around me have. Like if everyone but me were rich, I would want to be rich. But because I don't know many rich people, only people who have to work hard to earn their money what are low to average income, I don't really think about it, although sometimes I do wish I was rich, but we all do. Otherwise it's not really a thought that takes over my mind and life.

Wishing I were neurotypical because the rest around me are all neurotypicals is something that does get to me and does take over my mind and life.