Satellite/subwoofer systems 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 15

BubbaHoTep
Toucan
Toucan

16 Apr 2007, 9:06 pm

Stereokid wrote:
...snip...
Another question, and no, this one is not about money or jobs. This one is about your subwoofer. What positions do you have the crossover and volume knobs on your subwoofer set at? Do you just turn it all up, or do you try to make sure the sub blends in well with your speakers?

And for listening to music, do you use the subwoofer when listening to music, or do you just use the main speakers only, and in stereo or surround sound?

I cross the sub at 120hz. Any higher and it starts sounding mushy and sloppy to me. And I have the volume set to blend in with the rest of the speakers. It still gets loud though- I can feel the bass as well as hear it when the system is cranked up. I use the sub for music too. It isn't really necessary because my main speakers produce pretty deep rich bass on their own. But since I have it, why not use it?

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 9:19 pm

None of the above. It's all downhill from the JBL L100. Klipsche Heresy is pretty good though.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2007, 1:32 pm

BubbaHoTep wrote:
Stereokid wrote:
...snip...
Another question, and no, this one is not about money or jobs. This one is about your subwoofer. What positions do you have the crossover and volume knobs on your subwoofer set at? Do you just turn it all up, or do you try to make sure the sub blends in well with your speakers?

And for listening to music, do you use the subwoofer when listening to music, or do you just use the main speakers only, and in stereo or surround sound?

I cross the sub at 120hz. Any higher and it starts sounding mushy and sloppy to me. And I have the volume set to blend in with the rest of the speakers. It still gets loud though- I can feel the bass as well as hear it when the system is cranked up. I use the sub for music too. It isn't really necessary because my main speakers produce pretty deep rich bass on their own. But since I have it, why not use it?

I hope I'll have the money to own a system like that when I'm out on my own. Of course, it may be slightly different than yours, but hopefully, I'll be able to afford one like that.