I guess now I will be keeping my bicycle in my apartment.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2024, 7:16 pm

I think someone tried to steal it. I was going to use it for getting to work but I am not fit enough to do that right now it turns out so using an electric scooter for that. But I was going to start riding the bike recreationally for exercise, since then there is no pressure to be somewhere on time when riding it.

But yeah so I had gotten it aired up and ready to go a couple days ago, then today when I went to ride it my front wheel was loose. It's the sort that has a lever on one side and bolt on the other to easily take the tire off if you need to. And the bolt was missing, maybe for some reason at first glance they thought I had just locked my bike by the tire so they were trying to take that off to steal the rest...but I had it looped around the frame to. Even so I guess now I'll just haul it up and down the stairs once I get a replacement bolt, at least they didn't take the axel and quick release lever(not sure what that part is called) just the bolt. But yeah now I don't trust the outside bike rack as a good place to leave it.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2024, 7:33 pm

I keep my bike in my house but I only have to roll it up five steps to get it into the house. I also have a cheap bike which I think is less likely to get stolen when I lock it up outside a store.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 5:01 pm

bee33 wrote:
I keep my bike in my house but I only have to roll it up five steps to get it into the house. I also have a cheap bike which I think is less likely to get stolen when I lock it up outside a store.

I live on the second story so it's a lot more stairs for me lol, luckily the frame is really light. As for the bike it's not exactly a cheap one but it's also not a super expensive one either.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

Yesterday, 6:07 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I live on the second story so it's a lot more stairs for me lol, luckily the frame is really light. As for the bike it's not exactly a cheap one but it's also not a super expensive one either.
Hopefully the thought of having to lug it up the stairs doesn't keep you from using it. It's a lot harder for me to exercise when I have to go through extra steps. I'm very lazy at home :oops:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 7:22 pm

I've always been worried about some ripping off my tricycle when it was left outside somewhere.
It is now stored in the basement.