Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 6:36 pm

I'm fascinated with it. I find it interesting that the figures are so big. Do you also find it scary that they look so natural? Because I have a feeling that at night they are going to become alive and do something sinister :D :twisted: Are you interested in the army, like me? :)

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 10:07 pm

I got to see an exhibit of "The First Emperor" when it was in London a few years ago. They are impressive enough on tv, but, in person they are far more so.

After seeing the exhibit, my son and I read everything we could about it the army. We were most fascinated by what the river of mercury would look like... but, all of it sounded pretty darned impressive. Good fun.
By chance, the following school year, his class did a unit on china and his big project was about the terra cotta army. That was back in 1st grade, but, I know I've still got it around here somewhere.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 10:54 pm

I think they are awesome. So individualistic

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2014, 12:29 am

I bought a book about it awhile back:

Haven't read it yet, though.

The army was used as the basis for the film The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2014, 7:01 pm

I have read that each one is different, possibly each modeled after a real soldier.