Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Random I know, but does having a blocked nose annoy you?
Yes, a lot 100%  100%  [ 10 ]
Yes, a bit 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It dont notice it much 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

eliotraincloud
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2011, 1:47 pm

Hello everybody,
Well this is the random forum and I think it the most suitable forum to tell everybody my problem. It's not something to put in 'The haven' forum because it's not a major problem :lol: it's more like a small issue that I need help with and random.
Anyways onto the actual problem, if you haven't already guessed, I do in fact have a blocked nose. I have tried Tesco's own Vapour rub, I have blown my nose, I have tried eating chillies upon hearing that it is helpful but my nose is blocked. In fact that's not exactly true, only my left nostril is blocked, but that nostril is very blocked.
After all of that rambling I s'pose I should get to the question: What is the very, very quick way to unblock one's nose and what makes a blocked nose worse?
I'd be very grateful for your advice,
eliotraincloud

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 2:18 pm

Are you talking about when your nose gets stuffy or runny? If so, then yes, it is a colossal annoyance, because I have to breathe through my mouth and I can't eat anything without chewing with my mouth open, and even then I can't get the full flavor from the food.

flipflopjenkins
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2011, 6:19 pm

What makes a blocked nose worse? Alcohol, among other things.

See http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Stuffy- ... uction.htm

To make a blocked nose better, I usually go for a Vicks inhaler (for a mild case) or a Vicks nasal spray (for a bad case), but sometimes nothing seems to work. :(

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 12:32 am

Take your finger out that should unplugg it. :P :lol: :wink: