Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2014, 9:33 pm

For the girls.

I know real life is nothing like the movies, yet at the same time they wouldn't use so many of the same kind of themes concerning social behavior unless they held some kind of water.

In many movies, when friends git's together, they tend to spend their time adorning them selves in front of mirrors. shopping, or that of spending time for idol gossip in bathrooms as well.

How realistic is that? they wouldn't add that social theme in so many movies unless there was something to it.

And if so, what kind of idol chit chat would go with that?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

04 Jul 2014, 9:35 pm

Not the most realistic thing in the world. There aren't exactly a lot of malls throughout the world.

Not saying that women and girls (maybe even some boys and guys if they're into that sort of thing) don't do it at all. But more like it's... not too common?

There's only a few clothing stores I actually like. All the rest are...... :lol:

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2014, 1:48 am

I don't even hang out with many people, let alone girls. the only friend I've erally been places with is my boyfriend, and all we do is walk around and talk about anything.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 9:03 am

I think it must be common.

I have never had many female friends myself, but, I have run across girls gathered in bathrooms at the mall, touching up their makeup together. I have also been in situations where I've had to hang out with my friends' wives, and they spend an inordinate amount of time discussing shopping and television shows that are heavily relationship based (like soap operas and reality tv).

Oh, and I was in a wedding once, because my friend's fiance had fallen out with one of her bridesmaids and I was the only tall person they knew to take her dress... so, I was invited to a 'spa day', where there were half a dozen of us getting primped and painted eta ALL FRICKIN DAY, and according to the ladies at the salon place, they hosted those types of things all the time.

Anyway, since I've got so many examples in my own limited experience around women, I have to extrapolate to reach my conclusion that it's normal.