What is the tackiest holiday-related item you have seen?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 10:36 pm

This past Monday I was at the mall and saw a very cheaply-made Santa doll that dances to the "Gangam Style" song. Nothing makes the season more festive than heyyyyyy, sexy lady! :P

I also saw a plush-toy-looking mistletoe ornament at a drug store. It didn't look tacky, but it was an "adults only" ornament with a rate M for Mature warning on it. When you squeeze it it plays raunchy-sounding music and a woman's voice going "mmmm, ahhhhh". OKAY! :oops:

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 11:14 pm

1) The "Black Friday" commercial for Big Lots currently on TV. How crassly commercial can you get!???!

2) the Animal planet holiday special commercial voiced by the Turtle Man

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 12:05 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
This past Monday I was at the mall and saw a very cheaply-made Santa doll that dances to the "Gangam Style" song. Nothing makes the season more festive than heyyyyyy, sexy lady! :P

I also saw a plush-toy-looking mistletoe ornament at a drug store. It didn't look tacky, but it was an "adults only" ornament with a rate M for Mature warning on it. When you squeeze it it plays raunchy-sounding music and a woman's voice going "mmmm, ahhhhh". OKAY! :oops:

Those both sound lovely. I'm admittedly a huge fan of kitsch and tacky crap, but I've always avoided Christmas items for whatever reason. I honestly think any Christmas-related thing looks tacky. "Santa Gangnam Style" is something I could get behind because at least it embraces the stupidity of its concept.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 9:44 am

Meistersinger wrote:
1) The "Black Friday" commercial for Big Lots currently on TV. How crassly commercial can you get!???!

2) the Animal planet holiday special commercial voiced by the Turtle Man

Yes, most Christmas commercials are simply repulsive. Last night I saw one with Scrooge and Tiny Tim that must have made poor old Charles Dickens roll over in his grave.