What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 243 of 251 [ 4003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246 ... 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2024, 10:57 pm

^^if the snowglobes contained angels or such, it could have been a message from your higher astral self, that you should allow yourself some childish joy. in dream symbology, snow globes refer to innocence, childhood, and happiness. we all could use more true happiness.
to dream about a sister can symbolize a desire for a closer relationship or a need for emotional support in waking life.
pink relates to many things, including romance, love, and femininity. pink appearing in your dreams can have a powerful message about your growth, self-esteem, and the relationships you have with the people around you.
frogs as a symbol stands for rebirth, transformation, and renewal. It might represent an inner transformation or personality/philosophy change.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 11:45 am

This was about a week ago so I don't remember all the deets anymore -

I was driving home from where my old high school was, and I noticed my mother shuffling along the street dragging a suitcase on wheels. It had a serrated handle kind of like a thick plastic hair comb. I tried to pull over in traffic so that I could pick her up. The only place I could stop was the carpark of a seniors' care home so I went there, but she hadn't seen me so I had to get out of my car and call her name.

There was a lot more that I remembered for a few days but now it's gone. Something really symbolic happened and I wish I could remember it.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 11:59 am

I had a very weird dream where I was failing to work a care job, and one of the colleagues was a person from my 6th form and he rolled his eyes at my joining the team. Another guy was a guy I felt as though I recognised but couldn't place him.

Anyway, both of them were taking food out of a fridge for a supported person.

I awkwardly introduced myself.

The next day, I turned up for the next shift and forgot to wear anything on my legs and before anyone could notice that I had arrived at the new workplace without my clothes, I went to buy some clothes at a local shop.

The end.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 3:41 pm

I had a rather odd dream last night. You know how the Church of England doesn't push belief in the supernatural so much these days? Well in this dream they'd gone completely secular, though I didn't realise it till I woke up:

My wife and I were at a church service (that's strange in itself), and at the end the organisers asked us if we'd like to go to a small regular meeting they held. So we gave it a go, and nothing objectionable happened. There were about 6 people there, mostly old and high up in the church hierarchy, but they were all very benign and unassuming. So we went again next time. Each person in turn came out with a personal story of interest, again having nothing much to do with religion. They didn't get round to us, but I figured they probably would next time, and I was worried that I couldn't think of anything worth talking about. Then it occurred to me that I could tell them about the fact that my heart hadn't spoken to me for years, and as I noticed that I burst into tears, and I realised that my heart had at last spoken, and that I'd fixed the problem.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 3:46 pm

Does anybody know why there also exists this thread, which still appears to be current but doesn't come up in the Random Discussion list to which it belongs? It has exactly the same title as this here thread but is 493 pages long.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125660&start=7872#p9424857

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 4:04 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Does anybody know why there also exists this thread, which still appears to be current but doesn't come up in the Random Discussion list to which it belongs? It has exactly the same title as this here thread but is 493 pages long.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125660&start=7872#p9424857

There are two threads with the same title. The reason why they are different in length is because each thread was made by a different user/member of the forum, and each thread has different comments in them.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 5:39 pm

I see. I suppose the one vanished off the list because the other one happened to get all the posts for a few days.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 5:40 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
I had a rather odd dream last night. You know how the Church of England doesn't push belief in the supernatural so much these days? Well in this dream they'd gone completely secular, though I didn't realise it till I woke up:

My wife and I were at a church service (that's strange in itself), and at the end the organisers asked us if we'd like to go to a small regular meeting they held. So we gave it a go, and nothing objectionable happened. There were about 6 people there, mostly old and high up in the church hierarchy, but they were all very benign and unassuming. So we went again next time. Each person in turn came out with a personal story of interest, again having nothing much to do with religion. They didn't get round to us, but I figured they probably would next time, and I was worried that I couldn't think of anything worth talking about. Then it occurred to me that I could tell them about the fact that my heart hadn't spoken to me for years, and as I noticed that I burst into tears, and I realised that my heart had at last spoken, and that I'd fixed the problem.

That is freaking amazing.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 5:49 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Yes I was quite amazed to think that I'd put all that together. I've heard that people can be surprisingly creative in the dreams they make. I suppose reason takes over too strongly to allow the artistic side much of a look-in during waking life, but it's clearly there, just waiting to do its stuff.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 8:33 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Yes I was quite amazed to think that I'd put all that together. I've heard that people can be surprisingly creative in the dreams they make. I suppose reason takes over too strongly to allow the artistic side much of a look-in during waking life, but it's clearly there, just waiting to do its stuff.

another theory is that the brain, which normally seems to gloss over 90+% of all its data input which is biased in favor of immediate threats to its safety, actually stores this excess data in a heretofore undiscovered portion of medium/long term memory, and it slowly "percolates" out from this longer term storage [in the form of dream content] in the process of debugging itself of unneeded data files.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 9:03 pm

^
I've heard similar theories, about the dreaming brain running some kind of defragmenting process, or sifting through stored bits of sensory data, deciding what to keep and what to throw away. But none of that explains the tendency of dreams to be narrative in character, to tell stories, even though those stories are often very wacky compared with waking experience. I rather like the theory that says the brain is merely trying to make sense of whatever sensory stimuli are still coming in (the visual field, for example, although dark, still contains a lot of detail), in the same way as it does during waking life, simply because that's what the brain is for - to create conception and summaries from tons of raw perception data, so that it's simple enough for us to work with. Not that I know of any strong evidence for it, or of any way of testing it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 9:06 pm

there is of course the theory that at least some consciousness is non-local, an example of that were various predictions by "sleeping prophets" such as edgar cayce, as well as the anecdotal reports of people dreaming of something which came true.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 11:37 pm

J. W. Dunne reckoned that dreams were 50% past and 50% future. But convincing empirical evidence for that doesn't seem to exist. Some bits of some dreams come true, but most of them don't, which is what would be expected from random chance.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 12:09 am

the daughter of "coast to coast" host george noory had a dream a few weeks before 9/11, she dreamt she was in the bombed wreckage in a large city, with stuff falling from the sky, a few blocks away some buildings were in rubble. then on 9/11 she was shocked to see in real life what she'd dreamt about a few weeks before.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 12:29 am

yet another dream of being back at work in the operating room. ach.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 4:05 pm

Back to work for me too, though it was more strange than unpleasant:

I was back at work after an illness. I went to the admin building which was some distance from my workplace. A colleague was there looking for accommodation to rent, but he had to go back to the main workplace, so he asked me to contact him if anything turned up. I realised I needed the main workplace's phone number to do that, so I got a piece of paper from somewhere that had the number on it, but on inspection it turned out to be written partly in strange symbols that I didn't understand. I asked a man who seemed fairly high up in the food chain, and he explained some of it, including the fact that instead of dialling the 3rd digit, a switch should be turned off. I began to wonder how that could possibly work, since the number was supposed to work for any phone, and most phones don't have such switches.
. . . I went to the admin desk to get some bit of paperwork sorted out, and a manager there took me to a large room where there were a lot of admin staff. They had unusual artistic clothes and hairstyles that I rather liked, and one of them played a guitar and performed a song about a fire that had killed one or more of her colleagues. I noticed that I knew some of the staff, and we chatted for a while. I mentioned that I'd turned up there to get some paperwork sorted out but that it hadn't happened. The manager reappeared and asked me if I wanted to sort it out then. I agreed and he took me along a corridor. There were miniature paintings and statues of people on display, and he took hold of one of them and altered its hairstyle to make it more in keeping with the artistic hairstyles that the staff were adopting.

The difficulty in getting the admin staff to do a simple task for me was strongly reminiscent of the way they were in real life when I was working, and fits my theory that some of my dreams are caricatures and parodies of the systems and people I've met (rather like Alice In Wonderland except that the characters aren't portrayed as animals in my dreams). But the characteristics of the admin staff were pleasantly different to what I used to see in real life, where they had been somewhat tightly governed and their idea of dress sense had usually been way too mainstream and stereotyped for my taste.