Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 2:30 pm

Why do some people not like cats?
I am interested to know why.

Aldokim
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2007, 2:35 pm

Well, my mum is allergic to them... she does like them though ;)

Flake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2007, 2:35 pm

dam, i thought you knew judging by the title. the people i knew who didnt like cats actually despised them, and some where afraid of them lol! i remember one guy who made plans to kill a neighbours cat with a brick because it took a leak on his flowers. freaky.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 2:52 pm

I hate people who hate cats
:mrgreen:

Cryowolf
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jun 2007, 2:54 pm

Cats are cute but in the end disloyal and false, selfish and scared. A cat wouldn't come to your defense if you're attacked or in trouble, they would cower away and attack only in self-defense. A dog on the other hand, if treated with love - will come to your defense even if it risks its own life.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 2:57 pm

Cryowolf wrote:
Cats are cute but in the end disloyal and false, selfish and scared. A cat wouldn't come to your defense if you're attacked or in trouble, they would cower away and attack only in self-defense. A dog on the other hand, if treated with love - will come to your defense even if it risks its own life.

That is BS. How do you know a cat wouldn't try and protect you? Flo got angry with someone once just because they hit me with a rolled up newspaper. They are not disloyal at all. Cats can be just as loyal as dogs, if not more. The only difference is that you have to earn the respect of a cat, whereas a dog will just blindly follow you like a Catholic to the Pope. Cats are not selfish. They are intelligent, kind and awesome.

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 2:58 pm

Because cats are smart enough to know that it would be kitty abuse to not feed them food, so they don't see the point in sticking out their tongues and fetching sticks to please their owners so they can be taken care of.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 3:00 pm

Some people are deathly afraid of cats. I don't know why. A cat can't kill a human, a big dog could kill a person.

ljoon

04 Jun 2007, 3:00 pm

I don't know how to interact with them, they usually run away when I approach them or they bite me.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 3:01 pm

ljoon wrote:
I don't know how to interact with them, they usually run away when I approach them or they bite me.

That is because they sense a disturbance in the force.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 3:03 pm

cats are very smart and certain kinds can kill a man with easy
(lions, tigers) :mrgreen:

Aldokim
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2007, 3:04 pm

Sopho wrote:
Cryowolf wrote:

That is BS. How do you know a cat wouldn't try and protect you? Flo got angry with someone once just because they hit me with a rolled up newspaper. They are not disloyal at all. Cats can be just as loyal as dogs, if not more. The only difference is that you have to earn the respect of a cat, whereas a dog will just blindly follow you like a Catholic to the Pope. Cats are not selfish. They are intelligent, kind and awesome.

Let's not get bashing dogs now. I love dogs :evil: I think that women can relate more to cats and men more to dogs...

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 3:04 pm

Sopho wrote:
ljoon wrote:

That is because they sense a disturbance in the force.

Cats are the pets of the Jedi.

However, some people are deathly allergic to things with fur and thus despise cats. Not me, but who I have to live with. This is why I gave mine up and I miss them. :cry: At least they are with family so I can visit. :D

Last edited by Trigger11 on 04 Jun 2007, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 3:05 pm

I never knew why people hated cats. My family is allergic but they get allergy shots for them. I personally love cats, my two cats are my babies, they sleep right next to me in bed, their spoiled rotten! I also have two dogs whom I don't like very much, my biggest thing with dogs is that they lick, I hate that feeling it sends horrible pains in my body, I guess its the sensation, I don't know.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 3:05 pm

Aldokim wrote:
Sopho wrote:
Cryowolf wrote:

Let's not get bashing dogs now. I love dogs :evil: I think that women can relate more to cats and men more to dogs...

What about someone who is neither a man or a woman?

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 3:06 pm

Okay, let's compare cats to dogs.

Dogs come when called by name.
You can teach dogs many tricks.
A dog wagging it's tail means happy, with a cat you don't know what the hell you're getting.
Cats sleep for 16 hours each day, dogs only 10.
Dogs are loyal and friendly, cats only cuddle up to you when they want food or comfort. They use you.
You can take dogs for walks.
Dogs don't run off for days at a time and return only because they are hungry.
Dogs don't have a sandpaper tongue.
Dogs talk more, and their 'voice' isn't whiny like a cats is.

Need I go on? Dogs > Cats.