How could governments coerce people to freeze to death?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2019, 2:24 am

Why, make it so all heaters apparently need to be switched on or none at all, because why not, either go bankrupt, freeze, to burn in hell through some fire that happened because a goddamn heater is actually far away and they made sure you're trapped!

Motherfucking governments, I swear.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 10:19 am

Are you complaining about having an "ON/OFF" switch on a heater, or the fact that you have to manually set it to "ON" for the heater to emit any heat?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Dec 2019, 9:23 am

Seemingly only one switch for all heaters at once. Dumbest configuration I ever came across.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 9:26 am

Weirdness wrote:
Seemingly only one switch for all heaters at once. Dumbest configuration I ever came across.
All heaters?  So if I switch on my heater, yours will switch on too?

Or do you mean that all heaters in one room or building are on a single switch?

Most private homes utilize a single, centrally-located thermostat that controls a furnace that sends heat throughout the house.  Is this what you mean?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Dec 2019, 5:26 am

Yeah, obviously within the same house... how is it most? All the other flats I was in I could individually switch them on and off, it's a wonder I never heard of this before and anyone connecting it with the obvious implications on climate, not only money is wasted but the environment too, with the added bonus of risking a fire without knowing soon of it if not in the same room, so I suppose I'd rather freeze than burn to death.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Dec 2019, 6:12 am

It doesn't make any sense. Not everyone wants a heater on whenever their neighbours have one on. Such a system could be reported to whoever's in charge. People have different comfort levels, apart from any power wastage as you refer to.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/