Does it exist or not?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 1:07 pm

Jetso wrote:
Does it exist or not?
Telepathy does not exist.

Any alleged demonstrations are deceptions, and human beings like to deceive each other.  They use all kinds of non-verbal signals to communicate, which can give the appearance of psychic transmission of information.  They use glances (up, down, right, left for the four suits of a deck of cards, for example), coughs, sighs, yawns, and noises with their shoes.  Other cheaters use Morse code with coins and various other tricks known to conjurers.  Sometimes gestures to various parts of the body have a prearranged meaning.

(Watch any baseball game to see examples of non-verbal communication.)

The One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge was an offer by the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) to pay out one million U.S. dollars to anyone who could demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria.  A version of the challenge was first issued in 1964 Over a thousand people applied to take it, but none were successful.  The challenge was terminated in 2015.  That is more than 50 years of attempts by flim-flam artists to fool panels of experts with tricks that any third-rate stage magician could recognize.

Now watch ... someone will likely claim after the fact that they knew I would say something like that.

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 01 Jun 2021, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 1:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
Now watch ... someone will likely claim after the fact that they knew I would say something like that.[/color]

:roll:

I knew you would say something like that.

:)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Jun 2021, 1:04 am

My thoughts about telepathy are whatever thoughts the telepaths put in my head

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition