Alternative If You Could Go Back In Time...

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

imipak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2007, 3:56 pm

You have a time machine, but it has a drawback. You can't change anything. You can observe, you can photograph, photocopy and video, you can take things apart and put them back together, and if you're really sneaky, you can swap something for something that's effectively identical, but you can leave no evidence behind you've ever been there, you can't rewrite history, you can't even let yourself be seen or heard.

Where would you go and what would you do?

If I could do this, I'd try to be uber-sneaky. After her last battle, Boudecca was never found. No trace of her was ever seen again - amongst the living or the dead. Sneaking back to just after she vanishes from history and shifting her into the future wouldn't actually change history... would it?

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 4:02 pm

imipak wrote:
I'd try to be uber-sneaky. After her last battle, Boudecca was never found. No trace of her was ever seen again - amongst the living or the dead. Sneaking back to just after she vanishes from history and shifting her into the future wouldn't actually change history... would it?

I think you have done this, it explains the mystery; you have Boudecca in your bedroom :lol:

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 4:06 pm

Wow, you're talking to me? :|

If you are I don't know. :?

If you're not, sorry I thought you addressed my name on the title thread thingamajigga. :)

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2007, 4:58 pm

I DO have a time machine but it only goes into the future which I love because the past has happened already.

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 5:10 pm

Aradford wrote:
I DO have a time machine but it only goes into the future which I love because the past has happened already.

Therefore the past doesn't exist.

And as the future hasn't happened yet that doesn't exist either.

And as the present is the point at which the past and the future meet that can't exist either.

None of us are really here! 8O

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2007, 5:13 pm

The past exists as ideas, as knowledge and as influence.

The future is happening just not in the present or in the past.

The present is the here and now shaped and molded by the past and influencing the twists and turns of the future.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 6:25 pm

Time is just nature's way of stopping everything happening at once :)
Boudecca told me that.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Jul 2007, 6:41 pm

id go back to get all those sportscards i want, like MJ rookie. :D

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 6:43 pm

Since I sometimes believe all the threads of time are unravelling at the same time, I would watch everything from where I am LOL and just use my mental powers to view them all. :P

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 7:21 pm

I'd love to watch Roger Bannister's historic sub four-minute mile at Iffley Road, England, on May 6, 1954.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 8:02 pm

If I could go back in time, I'd travel back to 1997 and take my mum to London for three weeks. The two of us would ride the Routemasters, together.

Rinai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jul 2007, 8:54 pm

Id go back to the battle in which Alexander the Great got the wounds that got infected and killed him and replace all the enemy weapons with identical plastic spears and arrows. You said as long as it looked identical you could replace it.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 9:23 pm

9CatMom wrote:
I'd love to watch Roger Bannister's historic sub four-minute mile at Iffley Road, England, on May 6, 1954.

Oh, 9CatMom! I was watching Jeopardy today and they asked "Was run first by Roger Bannister" and I jumped up and yelled "the FOUR MINUTE MILE" and both me and Regis got it right!!

Merle

DaQwerk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2007, 9:35 pm

I would go back and see how my ancestors lived and take pictures of them.

Kahil Gibran

Phantasmagoric
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2007, 9:37 pm

GRAWR! This doesn't make sense scientifically!
You can't observe something without changing it!
You can't photograph without affecting a few photons!

But science aside, and assuming I can only observe things and move freely, ignoring physics, I would go back to when the universe was created, and look at the singularity, and say as I AM GOD, "That's the universe!" and then wait, seeing the geometry of space-time unfold into whatever shape it is now. Soon, Neanderthals would evolve and I'd see if there were really significant similarities. Then I'd see ancient man evolve and be stupider than Neanderthal. Then I'd see man learn something from Neanderthal and then kill Neanderthal. Then I'd be sad.

imipak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2007, 11:42 pm

Alternative wrote:
Wow, you're talking to me? :|

If you are I don't know. :?

If you're not, sorry I thought you addressed my name on the title thread thingamajigga. :)

I would have to go back in time to find out. Or you could travel forwards in time to see if I traveled back in time to find out.