What sports do you do/have you done?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 10:49 pm

I was on the swim team when I was 11, that's about it. And sailing camp when I was 13, 14 and 15. I loved it so much; we joked around, there were a few pranks, misadventures in boats, storms were REALLY fun-- exhilarating, really-- it was so fun when someone lost their shoe in the deep lake during a storm, some people let a sail blow away, someone lost a daggerboard in the river, we crashed the boats causing hundreds of dollars of damage, and someone was sabotaging the boats... it wasn't me but I think I was suspected! At least for awhile. I got my White Sail III anyway.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 11:18 pm

My dad made me do just about all sports when I was really little but I pretty much sucked at all of them and felt left out a lot so to his greatest dissapointment, I stopped playing them. I usually cant stand sport shows either.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 12:09 am

I could never concentrate on sports with people who I didn't feel comfortable with either, and I couldn't concentrate on sailing on normal days... not enough stimulation. I could really concentrate in the "disasters" though!

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 1:59 am

Competitively:
Baseball
Basketball
Football
Hockey
Soccer
Bowling

Just for fun:
Surfing
Skateboarding
Pin Dodgeball
Dodgeball
Kickball
Volleyball
Beach Volleyball
Tennis
Golf
Racquetball
Curling

Last edited by Trigger11 on 18 Aug 2007, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fedaykin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2007, 2:35 am

I never went seriously for any spot as a child, but as an adult I've tried on wrestling(greco-roman style), olympic-style weightlifting and a bit of strongman. I competed at a local level in the last two, but felt I never even attained basic wrestling skills, so didn't compete once in that.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Aug 2007, 3:34 am

I did everything for fun that normal boys would have done at that age. Hockey, Baskettball, Baseball, football, wrestling, a little boxing, swimming, bike riding, does building and racing RC cars count? probably not, wiffleball, kickball, dodgeball (my favorite), capture the flag (perhapse just a game, not sport), tag, canoeing, hide and seek, bowling, softball, king of the hill, sled races, go cart races, archery and their is more games, not so much sports, like much of my list...

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

18 Aug 2007, 3:44 am

A little running alot of walking.

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2007, 4:03 am

hockey, soccer, basketball, skateboarding, snowboarding, track&field.

music is better than all of them, COMBINED.

Yameretzu
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2007, 4:04 am

Swimming and badminton

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2007, 4:04 am

oh yeah and wresting...

not so serious

badminton, ball hockey, road hockey, biking, tennis, baseball.

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2007, 4:11 am

I played team tennis in school. We were downright awful. :)

We actually did get an award for having the highest average GPA of any sports team in the school. So I guess we actually did win something :)

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 6:02 am

Basketball is the only one I was really ever good at.

At school I was on the first's for Basketball, Aussie-rules, Cricket, and Squash. Seconds for Football (soccer). Outside of school I played basketball and golf and rugby.

Some 10 years later the only sports I still play are basketball and golf. My only real achievement in any sport is getting leauge MVP in Basketball two seasons ago. Oh, and I got a birdie once! :)

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Aug 2007, 7:51 am

When I was in high school, I rowed. At first in a skiff (a one-person rowing boat), which I liked best. Later on they placed me in a coxed four (four rowers and one helmsman), but I didn't like being part of a team at all. I couldn't get along with my team members. So I quit rowing.

When I was in college I did some jiu-jitsu. I got the green belt. But again, this turned out too "social" for me. Now the only thing I do is exercising, all by myself. I work out five days a week, 1.5 hours a day. It works fine for me. I think sport is an excellent antidepressant; exercising is my personal Prozac so to speak.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 9:13 am

I played softball in high school. I am not a sports person, but I enjoyed playing it.

For fun, I did a lot of swimming and bike riding as a kid. Today, I like walking. I like to watch a variety of sports: tennis, skating and track.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Aug 2007, 1:24 pm

i never did sports in school. i occasionally like to play basketball by myself of course, i tryed playing horse with some dude at the rec center and he just kept flirting with me. haha it was terrible

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Aug 2007, 5:31 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i never did sports in school. i occasionally like to play basketball by myself of course, i tryed playing horse with some dude at the rec center and he just kept flirting with me. haha it was terrible

ohhh c'mon richard u know u enjoyed it :wink: tell the truth.

I worked in a rec center b4, thats really the only reason i decided to post, not to write something dumb, but figured while i was here... heh.