Page 96 of 102 [ 1617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 102  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 7:31 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Night clubs are also becoming less popular in the UK, despite reasonable public transport links being viable for going 'out into town'.

There was an article a while back on it saying that night clubs are less popular with Gen-Z in particular who prefer staying indoors versus going out on the town or cannot afford to go out and spend money in clubs.

Yep. VR generation + the next poverty generation thanks to e v e r y t h i n g costing more by a long shot and incomes remaining flat = can't afford to go party like previous generations.

Also, people are, in general, not drinking as much just like current generations don't smoke cigarettes as much.

Annnnd I'd WAY rather go to a party than a nightclub.. sometimes held in nightclub spaces, but usually small warehouses etc or places that are set up just to host parties/EDM/rave type events. If I'm gonna go out and cook a few brain cells and have a f****n' time then it's gonna be special & memorable, not a regular night out at some cookie cutter nightclub with cookie cutter people etc. I'd way rather party with the freaks in wicked costumes and makeup, doing all the best drugs and listening to siiiiiiick DJ's for a similar $ amount as some run of the mill night out.

Night clubs serve their purpose for people that are into them, though.

:wtg:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 11:56 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Goldfish do you think I am a bit irrational being afraid to stay in some weekends because i don’t want to miss out?

Somewhat, but it's not exactly a rare phenomenon.. that's why there's an acronym for it: FOMO. (Fear Of Missing Out) It's pretty common that people go do things in part because they're afraid they might miss out on something.

What is it exactly that you fear you might miss out on if you stayed home vs. went out? For me it'd be missing out on nice weather at the beach, beautiful sunset over the islands, having beers and laughs with friends etc. I wouldn't want to miss those things and more so when can go to the beach I do.. but I enjoy the beach and culture so not sure if it qualifies as FOMO.. I don't have some specific fomo like I want to be there just in case there's a musical performance to hear.. or new hilarious joke or something that you "had to be there," for to get.

But anyways, what is it for You? What do you fear you'll miss out on if you stay in?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 3:34 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Goldfish do you think I am a bit irrational being afraid to stay in some weekends because i don’t want to miss out?

Somewhat, but it's not exactly a rare phenomenon.. that's why there's an acronym for it: FOMO. (Fear Of Missing Out) It's pretty common that people go do things in part because they're afraid they might miss out on something.

What is it exactly that you fear you might miss out on if you stayed home vs. went out? For me it'd be missing out on nice weather at the beach, beautiful sunset over the islands, having beers and laughs with friends etc. I wouldn't want to miss those things and more so when can go to the beach I do.. but I enjoy the beach and culture so not sure if it qualifies as FOMO.. I don't have some specific fomo like I want to be there just in case there's a musical performance to hear.. or new hilarious joke or something that you "had to be there," for to get.

But anyways, what is it for You? What do you fear you'll miss out on if you stay in?

I might miss out on seeing associates

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 4:19 am

When you say associates do you mean friends

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 6:12 am

babybird wrote:
When you say associates do you mean friends

Well there not exactly 'true friends' per say.

You never know I could miss out on meeting the love of my my life if I decide to stay in a weekend.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 7:11 am

Back on the gin and diet tonic today after a few days of Guinness.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Last edited by Rossall on 03 Apr 2024, 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 7:17 am

Going to Belfast in a couple of weeks so I reckon I'll have a Guinness while I'm there

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:03 am

Plane or ferry? I'm going to try to avoid drinking Guinness as every time I drink it I seem to put on weight. G&Ts for me from now on I think..

Have a good time bb anyways.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:12 am

Plane. And thank you I'm hoping I enjoy it too

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:34 am

1 pint of guiness only has a 199 calories

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:38 am

I'll have 2 please

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:40 am

babybird wrote:
I'll have 2 please

Your sensible compared to me

My cancer risk is going to be very high

Last edited by Jamesy on 03 Apr 2024, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:43 am

:lol: thanks I think

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:44 am

babybird wrote:
:lol: thanks I think

Sometimes I have 10 pints bud lights which is not good

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:45 am

Do you get drunk and fall over

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 9:48 am

babybird wrote:
Do you get drunk and fall over

I get drunk but don't fall over usually

This weekend for a change I might go out 10:30 and stay in pub until closing time at 1