Page 5 of 101 [ 1602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 101  Next

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Jun 2023, 3:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
20 GBP is still enough $ for enough alcohol to die, never mind just get drunk, IF you buy a bottle from a liquor store and down it.

But as for drinks in pubs or clubs, that would buy approximately 2-3 drinks depending on where you go and how much you tip.

I can usually count the number of drinks I buy out at bars or restaurants each year on my fingers. So, the other night when I decided to stop at a gay pub downtown for a pint before I rode home the pint was something like $8.50 and most people would pay $10 but I paid $15 as the place was fairly dead and I know the bartender wasn’t making much money that night at all. Also, if I tip well on the first drink and then don’t buy another I at least get great service for any water/soda water I want to drink for the rest of the night.

To go out and get truly hammered drunk you’ll spend $100+ quite easily. Not nearly as many people do that these days as they did 20 years ago as we have the strictest drunk driving rules in the world at 0.05 And regular working people just don’t have that sort of budget considering the cost of housing and food etc.

But that gay pub is actually under renovation and expanding in size by about 35% or so as they’ve taken over the lease of the space next door. Old gay guys with no kids can afford burgers and beers still.

three is enough if you get behind the wheel of a car afterwards or trip and fall

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 3:15 pm

I wouldn't even ride my bike after a drink let alone get behind the wheel of a car.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 3:42 pm

babybird wrote:
I wouldn't even ride my bike after a drink let alone get behind the wheel of a car.

After a single drink? Like 1 355ml can of 5% beer or 1 ounce of 40% spirits?

Alcohol must really affect you if it impairs you that easily & profoundly that you wouldn’t ride a bicycle/drive on one drink.

For MOST people it doesn’t do that. I speak as both an experienced drinker and a managerial/licensee ticketed bartender that’s officially been trained on alcohol consumption & impairment.

I will drink one and ride my motorcycle or drive my car, both safely and legally. At 6’2” around 210lbs and fairly muscular a single drink does not bring me anywhere close to the legal limit of .05 for driving/riding, nor does it impair me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 1:39 am

Yeah I get affected by it really easily. I wouldn't trust myself to drive even after one drink.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 10:08 am

Drank two rum and cokes on Wednesday night, at my son's house. I don't know what kind of rum it was, but it was easy to get down, so tasty. He and his wife just had a premature little boy, he weighed in at 3lbs 6oz. He's tiny, but made it to the 32 week mark and thus far has been spared nearly all of the complications associated with prematurity. Their dog snatched one of the new premie sleepers and chewed a hole in one arm and one foot. I sewed it, but the stitches are the reflection of 2 rum and cokes, so crooked.

Now, I won't touch alcohol again for a long time. You have to keep working at an alcohol buzz, and two is my limit because I just don't get that much out of an alcohol buzz. But, if it were an opiate pain killer, I'd be craving more instantly. Addiction and preferences are bizarre...

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 10:45 am

I'll have a few beers tonight when I go out

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 5:01 pm

Just totally had a fight in a pub in Birmingham. :lol

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 5:22 pm

babybird wrote:

C'mon.. details. Like hopefully someone else started it and you finished it good! 8)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 5:44 pm

babybird wrote:

Did anyone get head butted?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 6:02 pm

Almost he threatened to break my nose. The doormen got involved. I was stood on my chair and the guy who started on us got barred. He looked like kiefer Sutherland in Freeway. f*****g tool.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 6:03 pm

It was a bit scary actually to be honest

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 11:26 pm

Glad you’re ok and he’s barred.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2023, 10:19 am

Yeah he didn't spoil our night.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2023, 10:37 am

Glad to hear it. I don't go out much these days. My last drink out was at Wetherspoons in Leigh. Good atmosphere and cheap Guinness. Will have a pint of Magners (they have it on draught) next time I go to the Jobcentre which is almost opposite.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2023, 10:58 am

We have a poor choice of ciders here.
Angry Orchard, I can see why they call it that.After taste like a rotten apple.
Woodchuck, it’s ok ,but on the sweet side and their new label sucks.It used to have a woodchuck ( called a groundhog here) on the label holding an apple.If it was pear cider it had a pear in its little hands.Cute.
It’s hard to find Strongbow unless you are in a large liquor store.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2023, 11:02 am

Misslizard wrote:
We have a poor choice of ciders here.
Angry Orchard, I can see why they call it that.After taste like a rotten apple.
Woodchuck, it’s ok ,but on the sweet side and their new label sucks.It used to have a woodchuck ( called a groundhog here) on the label holding an apple.If it was pear cider it had a pear in its little hands.Cute.
It’s hard to find Strongbow unless you are in a large liquor store.

Angry Orchard is f*****g disgusting. I hate it. Makes me feel sick.