Page 4 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 2:14 am

My stomach is in knots and I have a lump in my throat, because I know what happens to me and my appetite once my decorations are packed away. I'm afraid that one of these years, it could get very bad and I could lose so much weight that no one will recognize me. It's a less common type of anorexia that I fear developing called Emotional Anorexia which hampers your appetite. The type where you don't think that you're fat, but your emotions destroy your appetite. It's the type that Ray Davies of The Kinks has where he'd rather work on stuff than eat. Dean will keep telling me not to lose too much weight because I don't want to lose Schultz. That's why I fear January so much. If only I could tell Barb.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 2:25 am

Time for a coffee. Let's celebrate!

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2023, 2:47 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
My stomach is in knots and I have a lump in my throat, because I know what happens to me and my appetite once my decorations are packed away. I'm afraid that one of these years, it could get very bad and I could lose so much weight that no one will recognize me. It's a less common type of anorexia that I fear developing called Emotional Anorexia which hampers your appetite. The type where you don't think that you're fat, but your emotions destroy your appetite. It's the type that Ray Davies of The Kinks has where he'd rather work on stuff than eat. Dean will keep telling me not to lose too much weight because I don't want to lose Schultz. That's why I fear January so much. If only I could tell Barb.

awe, sorry mate. i know the condition anorexia is out of the persons control sometimes *sending hugs and good vibes*

coffee does sound nice, or maybe even an eiskaffee

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 2:52 am

jamie0.0 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

awe, sorry mate. i know the condition anorexia is out of the persons control sometimes *sending hugs and good vibes*

coffee does sound nice, or maybe even an eiskaffee

Thank you for the hugs. I'm trying to keep awake so I can wish each and every WP member a Happy New Year.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 3:07 am

Happy New Year to our members in Australia! :D ..

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 3:16 am

LOl me and my boyfriend are just doing a me and him weekend, we had a lot of stress trying to keep my cousin in included for things while she was crazy, and she is better now since getting out of the psych ward..but yeah we were super worried about her which had gotten a bit in the way of us thinking about each other.

SO it is good she id doing well now, but like she was psychotic...and with that kind of psychosis again they aren't sure she has scizophrenia or if it was just a temporary psychosis from stress. But the experts seem to think it could be either or so us family should just pay attention to her, and keep an eye on if it seems like she starts slipping again.

But yeah after all of that worrying about my cousin + going to my sisters last week for a christmas party, we just want to have new years to ourselves to get one long weekend where we don't feel obligated to worry about other people.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 4:43 am

Happy New Years to the Land Downunder ....... :heart:

where ever you go ,there you are

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2023, 5:53 am

~ 2 hours left. honestly want to get it over with so i can sleep. but i love talking with you guys <3

happy new year WP members

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 6:31 am

Happy New Year to all at WP.

I like New Years. I don't do anything but I like the idea of renewal. I like that all the things I enjoy in the year which at the moment feel like they're in the past and can only be remembered will tomorrow feel like they're in the future and can be looked forward to again. I like the idea that you get another chance to have a good year, make some positive changes and grow a bit. I know it's just an arbitrary day on a constructed timeline but I like it anyway.

It's half eleven (morning) here on New Years Eve but I know some of you get there before us. Let us know what to expect in 2024! Use spoiler tags for people who like surprises.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 6:43 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Happy New Year to all at WP.
It's half eleven (morning) here on New Years Eve but I know some of you get there before us. Let us know what to expect in 2024! Use spoiler tags for people who like surprises.

same,It's 17:43 here :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 7:36 am

I've got many things to celebrate in 2024 and I'll celebrate them all at once.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 7:40 am

I've just come to the realization that it's the birthday of Pete Quaife of The Kinks. He's no longer with us on Earth but he is in spirit. Happy Birthday, Pete! :D

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2023, 7:59 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've just come to the realization that it's the birthday of Pete Quaife of The Kinks. He's no longer with us on Earth but he is in spirit. Happy Birthday, Pete! :D

^^ good music, I'm sure his sprit lives on in his music

By the time you read this it will be new years for me, happy new years!! I wish you all a happy and prosperous 2024. I'm really glad to have a community like this where I have learnt so much about my condition. And I'm looking forward to exploring more with WP members this year and beyond.

Jamie signing off *hugs*

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 9:43 am

jamie0.0 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

^^ good music, I'm sure his sprit lives on in his music

By the time you read this it will be new years for me, happy new years!! I wish you all a happy and prosperous 2024. I'm really glad to have a community like this where I have learnt so much about my condition. And I'm looking forward to exploring more with WP members this year and beyond.

Jamie signing off *hugs*

Happy New Year!

Sweet Pea hugs

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

31 Dec 2023, 11:05 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Before we move on from 2023 I want to thank once again those involved in making Wrong Planet a much better forum then the forum started out the year. At the beginning of the year there was a chronic cancer eating away at mental health of members and driving away members. That cancer like many cancers was hidden so many of us were blissfully unaware. We became aware only because members meticulously detailed what happened to them and posted about it a process that had to make the words traumatized and humiliated almost seem inadequate.
I remain in awe of the strength and courage it took for that cancer, that filth, to be revealed and excised from WP. I am proud beyond words of the support freely given by the moderation team, and so happy for the small part I played in the process.
None of it was an easy ride yet even now, victim-blaming still occurs. You know who you are.

But once again WP sails on for another year with its band of motley* passengers and crew, all contributing in their own complex, saddening, interesting, funny and unique ways, and long may it continue doing so - all enabled by the hosting support and Internet presence freely provided by Alex, our illustrious founder.

On June 15 2024 WP will have been online for 20 years - longer than the age of many members.
I think that deserves celebrating.

Meanwhile I wish everyone a happy and improved 2024, and a year filled with love, laughter, and success.

* motley: adjective, made up of many different people or things.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 11:10 am

ImageImage