Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jetso
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2024, 7:04 pm

I don't see a problem with it. It is better than teenagers egging people's property on Halloween.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 7:09 pm

I thought you egg houses on Devil's Night, not Halloween. :?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 7:40 pm

I don't have a problem with it, either.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Jan 2024, 1:32 am

I don't have a problem with teens trick-R-treating either. Not a lot of teens do that where I'm originally from thou unless they're like 13. Usually the older teens get together & watch scary/horror movies or have a party like a bonfire thing. Those things sometimes involve drinking, drug use, & casual sex but not really vandalism. I never did any of that stuff except for watching movies or Halloween eps of shows but I did that at home by myself(parents were home but they were doing their own thing).

funeralxempire wrote:
I thought you egg houses on Devil's Night, not Halloween. :?
It's called Cabbage Night where my girlfriend is from. IDK how cabbages are related unless way back then people used cabbages somehow to commit vandalism :shrug: That night was not really a thing where I'm from. I don't think I ever heard of anyone in the state being vandalized on Halloween or the night before unless they lived around New Orleans & it was crime or gang related.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2024, 2:13 pm

In my area it is not so uncommon for teens to trick-or-treat. Some think it is wrong or strange though. It is common for teens to pass out candy if they aren't trick-or-treating.

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jan 2024, 9:27 pm

My last year of trick-or-treating was when I was 14. I remember that night Mom told me that I was too old to go trick-or-treating and that night was to be my last. I was a little upset because I enjoyed trick-or-treating. But when I got older, I learned to accept it, and Mom still let me have candy on Halloween, which made me feel better about outgrowing trick-or-treating.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 10:22 pm

nick007 wrote:
It's called Cabbage Night where my girlfriend is from. IDK how cabbages are related unless way back then people used cabbages somehow to commit vandalism :shrug: That night was not really a thing where I'm from. I don't think I ever heard of anyone in the state being vandalized on Halloween or the night before unless they lived around New Orleans & it was crime or gang related.

Cabbages make less mess when they hit the wall, but much more damage when they hit a window. :lol: