Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 10:59 pm

I’m doing a survey on my reward app about food. I have a question, what is serving size + units? Can anyone help me?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 11:48 pm

please say which reward app this is?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 7:04 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m doing a survey on my reward app about food. I have a question, what is serving size + units? Can anyone help me?

I think I know what they're asking.

If you buy a package of something and it's 250 grams of food (mass) and it says it contains 5 servings, then the serving size is 50 + the units (of measure) are grams.

That would be if they're asking of the serving size and units as written on the package. If they're asking how much you Actually eat and you eat half a package, then your serving size would be 125 and the units of measure would be "grams."

If it's a liquid food and it's measured in mL, then if you had a 500 mL container with 5 servings then the serving size would be 100 and the units would be mL.

Make sense?

Your units might be measured in ounces - both types.. mass and fluid, depending if it's dry or liquid food and how it's labelled and sold. 1 lb = 16 ounces. I can't remember how many fluid ounces are in a US quart or pint or whatever units of measure you might have on food packaging labels in your country. But regardless, the serving size will be a number to represent a quantity or amount, and the units will be the units of measure. Food may also be labelled as number of pieces in a serving, as well. Like a serving size might be 2 cookies to a serving, so the serving size would be 2 and the units would be pieces. (sometimes written on labels as "pcs.") For some things like an apple the serving size would be 1 and units piece as you'd eat one whole apple. (considered one piece, two pieces would be 2 apples. etc.)

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 12:38 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I think I know what they're asking.

If you buy a package of something and it's 250 grams of food (mass) and it says it contains 5 servings, then the serving size is 50 + the units (of measure) are grams.

That would be if they're asking of the serving size and units as written on the package. If they're asking how much you Actually eat and you eat half a package, then your serving size would be 125 and the units of measure would be "grams."

If it's a liquid food and it's measured in mL, then if you had a 500 mL container with 5 servings then the serving size would be 100 and the units would be mL.

Make sense?

Your units might be measured in ounces - both types.. mass and fluid, depending if it's dry or liquid food and how it's labelled and sold. 1 lb = 16 ounces. I can't remember how many fluid ounces are in a US quart or pint or whatever units of measure you might have on food packaging labels in your country. But regardless, the serving size will be a number to represent a quantity or amount, and the units will be the units of measure. Food may also be labelled as number of pieces in a serving, as well. Like a serving size might be 2 cookies to a serving, so the serving size would be 2 and the units would be pieces. (sometimes written on labels as "pcs.") For some things like an apple the serving size would be 1 and units piece as you'd eat one whole apple. (considered one piece, two pieces would be 2 apples. etc.)

It said ‘Serving Size (Including units, e.g., 80 grams or g)’

On my package it says ‘served siize = 28.00 g’ served 16. I thought I got it,it was wrong. I’m going to lose $50. I’m just a big dumby. Thanks anyway

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 12:39 am

auntblabby wrote:
please say which reward app this is?

Why do you want to know?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 12:40 am

Can you screenshot what you're doing?

The app is asking how much you ate.
Serving size means how much you served yourself.
Units means how is it measured? (mL, ounces, grams, etc.)

I could help you do the calculations if you explain the numbers again.