Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

Location: not in my house not in my street not in my shool but in my own world

22 Dec 2007, 4:56 pm

I am eddiedog8's mum. He is an eight year old child with aspergers. He has found this forum really helpful and has been able to communicate with people who I thought would understand him more than some of his NT friends. He is an exceptionally intelligent child and has some very mature ideas and opinions. He has not seen all of the post but enough for it to upset him tonight.

Could I please ask for the post of the above title to be removed and for some compassion and understanding for a young child who has been helped a great deal by other posts on wrong planet. I only allow him to post on random discussion and on the Kids Crater and I regularly check his posts and give him advice if I think his posts appear to be incorrect or rude.

His spelling and grammar will improve in time but this level of criticsm and personal attack could damage his self esteem.

I would appreciate the level of tolerance that I see from most people on Wrong Planet for him.

Regards

Eddiedog8's mum.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:00 pm

someone lashed out at an 8 year old over spelling :o
thats awful :(

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:03 pm

I very much agree with you very nice to meet you Eddies mum i saw the thread and it was an attack i stuck up for your son as i knew he was a young boy hopefully it will never happen again people shouldnt do this on this kind of forum not everyone has perfect spelling,

And hope to see Eddie still on WP it be ashame if he left because of this,

Comet

busy91
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Dec 2007, 5:07 pm

I thought this was rectified and the person who critisized your son has been spoken to.
I don't think most of us care if it is an 8 or an 80 year old with bad spelling. I'm 40 and I can't spell.
But thanks for letting us know that he was so young. We are really very tolerant here. Honestly.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:13 pm

:o i dont know what has been said but usually every body assume that people in here are older then 8 year..im not trying to be rude or anythink ..just comment about reasons why it migth been happened :) and most aspies are carefull about spelling :roll: im from finland so i too have got a comment about spelling...i hope he will come back too...its noth forth to go away from here coz of some goy :D

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:22 pm

We love eddiedog8! Please ed8's mum email [email protected] subject: child protection. Stuff will be done quick. comeback eddiedog8! & gizmo

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:22 pm

eddiedog8's mum, sorry for this, I hope your son doesn't feel bad, most people here are friendly actually, and this person, who was a jerk with making that comment, it is ignorance on his part, because lots of people who can't spell right, can be for some reasons, like dyslexia and also because some speak another language.

And I agree that most of us assume that a person who posts is an adult or older, at least that happens with me.

Last edited by greenblue on 22 Dec 2007, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:24 pm

busy91 wrote:
I thought this was rectified and the person who critisized your son has been spoken to.
I don't think most of us care if it is an 8 or an 80 year old with bad spelling. I'm 40 and I can't spell.
But thanks for letting us know that he was so young. We are really very tolerant here. Honestly.

I'm not sure really, but it seemed to me the possibility of the user (777) being a sockpuppet actually, considering he just registered and the nature of his posts, but not certain, and I am wondering if he will show here again.

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:27 pm

We a group of very tolerant and understanding people and i can say this is the nicest community im on and were all a bunch of nice people,

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:39 pm

ya in here we god lot of goys and girls and we all are diffrent :D

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

Location: not in my house not in my street not in my shool but in my own world

22 Dec 2007, 5:41 pm

Thanks very much for all your kind responses I will show these to my son tomorrow. On rereading the original thread I can now see that the vast majority of responses were indeed defending my son and I thank you all for that.

From what I have seen on these forums it is indeed a very supportive community and I would be only to pleased if he continues to use the boards.

Kind Regards

Eddiedog8's Mum

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

22 Dec 2007, 5:41 pm

first get your son out of his location, then i will believe you

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:49 pm

Yeaaa for eddiedog and his mum! Yip!

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 6:14 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAjKtmT3lk[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHSCenOXZ8[/youtube]

i can play these songs by bass in real....couple tripudes to ediedog8 words migth be pretty bad but in here we got couple 6 -13 years old who are children of bodom fans ....and btw bodom is finnish band :D sorry if i gettet too exsidet but i just love good dead metal:D

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 6:17 pm

oh and first one is called IN YOU FACE!.....and second PUNCH ME I BLEED!

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

22 Dec 2007, 11:55 pm

Hello to eddiedog8 and his mum! :)

Eddie, you have been a kind, pleasant person to have around here. I am so sorry that one of our members made that mean-spirited thread. I locked the thread earlier as soon as I saw it and I have now removed it. The member who made the thread has been warned for his behavior. He should not act that way again.

Please feel welcome to send me a private message (PM) whenever you need help or have any sort of trouble here on Wrong Planet. You can also contact MrMark, Quatermass, or lau, who are all moderators here.

Eddie's mum, if you ever have any concerns or suggestions for the site, don't hesitate to post a thread in the wrongplanet.net discussion forum, which can be found here: http://www.wrongplanet.net/forum13.html

Take care!