Outer Space business dream of mine

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2006, 5:29 pm

Okay,

I been have a dream lately of after I complete my undergraduate degree (probably changing my major from accounting to economics) of going for the Masters of Business Adminstration part time and going to establish a outer space business for example, like selling rides on spacecraft going into near earth orbit, asteriod mining (I'm taking some electives in geology if it is possible), space tourism or zero-g manufacturing.

I'm interested in any advice or comments on this topic. I feel having such a lifetime goal will shift my focus on some constructive and reduce my very high level of anxiety I've been having lately.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2006, 6:59 am

This should be a good business to get in to but it might take some time though I think 20 to 50 years.

IgorStop
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Feb 2006, 8:09 am

I can offer no business advice, but I think that asteroid mining will be a big business in the future, and would be a better plan in the short term than spending billions on going back to the moon or to Mars. NASA seems intent on throwing money away, has no clear direction and will simply be blown this way and that on the political wind.

In the even shorter term I think it is obvious that selling space trips to people with too much money will be very lucrative. If I had oodles of cash to throw around I would be buying a ticket off Richard Branson as we speak.

Here's hoping you get filthy rich in space.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 7:19 pm

Pretty cool :)