Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 11:39 pm

Growing up, I remember that I tried to wear several watches... aside from the feeling of them being plain annoying... i discovered that after about a month of wearing them, they just die on me... stop working all together. my parents bought me SO MANY watches and they all died... even expensive pocket watches are no match for me! My mom said that her sister does the same things to watches...

I always thought it was weird but forgot all about it until the other day when some woman in the lab was mentioning how the same thing ahppens to her! she said though that she finally got a perpetual motion watch and that it seems to work fine.

Anyone else kill watches? Or know why this happens? I always figured I just have some weird magnetic issue or something.

idk.... lol

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 11:52 pm

I kill zombies

PERMANENTLY

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 11:57 pm

Funny you'd bring that up. I'm real sensative to watches and certain bracelets. I've had many cases where they would stop working within a week. I don't know if it's poor quality because I can't afford anything expensive. My grandma has the same problem. I've given up and just look at my cell phone for the time of day. I would like another watch but better made. I don't know what that is as I know some ppl don't have this problem.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 2:11 am

Sedaka wrote:
Growing up, I remember that I tried to wear several watches... aside from the feeling of them being plain annoying... i discovered that after about a month of wearing them, they just die on me... stop working all together. my parents bought me SO MANY watches and they all died... even expensive pocket watches are no match for me! My mom said that her sister does the same things to watches...

I always thought it was weird but forgot all about it until the other day when some woman in the lab was mentioning how the same thing ahppens to her! she said though that she finally got a perpetual motion watch and that it seems to work fine.

Seiko makes some fine ¿perpetual motion? (no batteries) watches

kit000003
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2008, 5:50 pm

I smash/kill/lose watches.... does that count? the one i have now is expensive and has lasted 3 years. it is a wenger. the same company that makes swiss army knife..i need to replace the leather band before it breaks. my mom has a seiko that she has had for years and years. it runs great

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

06 Mar 2008, 7:15 pm

Time bends around the Sedaka; instruments for measuring time twist, warp, and break; it is a natural consequence of the beginnings of evolution beyond the third dimension; given the nature of things, this should not have been unforeseen; poke your head up and look around, up and down the fourth dimension.

I observe four times: daytime, evening twilight, night time, morning twilight; my life has been purposefully arranged such that additional granularity in time that humans have constructed is largely unnecessary, and therefore has been largely discarded, along with the troublesome devices for measuring such artificial granularity. I listen only to my circadian rhythm now.

Seconds... Minutes... Hours... Arbitrary human constructs used to inflict cumbersome detail towards keeping you weak, disoriented, easily controlled, a productive cog in the machine.

:idea: No need for watches :arrow: no watches :arrow: no broken watches :arrow: no problem.

Good fortune,

- Icarus leads by example...

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 7:34 pm

I kill batteries. Watches work fine on me, during the rare times I wear one.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 8:02 pm

Casio watches stink. Last one I had lasted only six months and it would crash and lose its time if it got too much direct sunlight. The watch I got from RadioShack lasted longer and worked better even! I like Timex better, though I hate leather wristbands.

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 8:08 pm

digger1 wrote:
I kill zombies

PERMANENTLY

You've got to gib them. Rockets and grenades work well. :twisted:

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 8:17 pm

Aridarr wrote:
digger1 wrote:
I kill zombies

PERMANENTLY

On Halo, the Flood stink. I kill them and they keep coming back! I want a Zat-gun!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 8:23 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Casio watches stink. Last one I had lasted only six months and it would crash and lose its time if it got too much direct sunlight. The watch I got from RadioShack lasted longer and worked better even! I like Timex better, though I hate leather wristbands.

this Casio is teh awesome:
Casio Edifice

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 10:24 pm

computerlove wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

this Casio is teh awesome:
Casio Edifice

The one I'm referring to is the Casio DB 36

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 10:30 pm

You know, I have that same problem with killing watches. Especially those cheap digital ones. I had problems with cheaper analog ones too. In college, I would ruin floppie disks that werent write protected or copies. I killed two norton textra disks in a row once. I know my dad and his dad have that same problem. In fact, my grandfather can find groundwater supposedly with a forked stick. dont know if i actually believe that, but maybe its a magnetic field type of thing. By the way, timex watches usually last a long time for me.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 10:33 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Aridarr wrote:
digger1 wrote:
I kill zombies

PERMANENTLY

On Halo, the Flood stink. I kill them and they keep coming back! I want a Zat-gun!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 11:23 pm

Watches work perfectly fine on me...

On sabbatical...

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 12:14 am

Actually, I experience a completely different kind of phenomenon. People who are apparently oblivious to the watches strapped firmly onto their wrists will occasionally approach me and ask the time, only to realize their mistake after I point it out. Is it really that difficult to glance down at one's wrist? Same thing with the cellphones, it's as if there are microchips implanted in these gadgets which produce radio raves that interfere with normal mental processing. Is Verizon using new technology to send out subliminal advertisements? Are the watches manufactured in Japan being customized with transmitters which slowly zombify consumers, encouraging them to invest in foreign markets? Goddamn it, I demand some answers.