Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 11:03 pm

No elitism intended; I just like "big words". Anyway, today, an enormous gift was bestowed upon me!!

I was moving into my new apartment when I met a couple who were moving out of one of the other apartments. They had placed a dresser on the curb. I needed furniture so I started dragging it towards my door. The guy saw me and insisted on helping! I was amazed that he helped me carry it all the way into my apartment.

But that wasn't all! The couple proceeded to give me a huge desk with attached shelving, a lamp, a large TV, and a DVD+VHS player!! And the guy and his friend carried everything inside for me! This is my first time owning a TV or DVD player ever!

It was the best possible time to receive such a gift. I'm still transitioning into my new home. I don't have a steady source of income yet. It's very refreshing to know that there are still nice, generous people out there.

I've had a tendency to become cynical after some of my greatest acts of generosity have been met with resentment, scorn, or even jealousy! I guess there is still reason for optimism!

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 11:19 pm

Go KIM! :o

It was the bandana!

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 12:41 am

Yeah, now that I'm a Guitar Bandit, I get all kinds of respect.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 12:10 pm

I thought this was something kinky :huh: I need to learn more english "big words"

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 1:41 pm

Now THAT was definately "curb shopping" with a bonus. :lol:

Congrats Kim!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 1:43 pm

That is awesome.

Be careful with DVDs, they're addicting :oops:

Addictive? :?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 2:13 pm

Congrats on all the new stuff, Kim! :)

Yeah, there really are a lot of nice people around. When one of the shutters on our house blew off, our neighbor, Josh, came over and put it back up for my mom. And when the construction of the other neighbors' house ruined part of our lawn, our new neighbors have been taking care of that part of the yard for us ever since. And that happened at least nine months ago!

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 4:30 pm

computerlove wrote:
I thought this was something kinky :huh: I need to learn more english "big words"

:lol: It never occurred to me that either of those words could sound kinky, but now that you mention it, I guess I can see it. Now I'm laughing, trying to imagine what kinky sort of thing!

Don't worry - words like that are not commonly used or even commonly understood by English-speaking people these days; I'm old-fashioned.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 4:39 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
That is awesome.

Be careful with DVDs, they're addicting :oops:

Addictive? :?

Fortunately, I only like music documentaries and zombie movies, not that it necessarily matters in terms of addiction!

I found more free furniture on the street today! I brought home two tables. I had to leave a nice desk/cabinet behind because it was too heavy - hopefully a strong person will find it and put it to good use. Finding nice free stuff really puts me in a good mood, even if I can't use all of it. :)

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 4:54 pm

I had to look up "sated" and "largess". Now that I know what they mean, congrats. :D

Those who know, don't speak.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 5:07 pm

Nice congrats!! !!

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 7:02 pm

If you misread the post title it appeared that you were seated next to someone with a large ass.

Your curb experience was much more appealing than dumpster diving!

Z