No grapes 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Raisins 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Other 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 39

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 7:52 pm

Okay, so, I don't know how many people have figured this out...

But I'm OBSESSED with grapes.

Seriously. I do so many random things with them. One time, I combined grape juice, two kinds of grape soda, and four grapes to make 'purple blood'. I've done similar random experiments with grape juice and grape soda.

Now, I don't want this thread to be a discussion of wine. If you want to, you can talk about it, I'm not stopping you. But... I'd like to talk about grapes, too.

What's everyone's favorite grape? My favorite's black grapes. But I'll eat or drink any grape that's unfermented.

Oh, speaking of grapes, I need to get more grapes. We're out.

Tailchaser's Song" by Tad Williams

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

29 Apr 2008, 8:05 pm

Red grapes are excellent, but I also eat thompson grapes and black grapes as well.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 8:10 pm

I like red and black grapes and eat raisins with my mixed nuts.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 8:12 pm

The red grapes are my second favorite!

Oh, and I was talking to someone today that I apparently knew when I was a lot younger and not as good at controlling my emotions. She said she loved grapes! I was really happy. We were a lot alike in other ways, too.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 8:12 pm

I like anything grape flavored. :P

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

29 Apr 2008, 8:19 pm

Nairan, disregard the pm I sent you about missing Thompson grapes. I see you did include white grapes. :oops:

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 8:21 pm

I never liked grapes and derivatives. :oops: That includes raisins.

Real grape juice is okay, though.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2008, 10:39 pm

Idunno the names for the different grapes :oops:

We have ones in the back yard, concord I think? They're very dark purple and have seeds. I won't eat them, but I'll drink the juice/eat the jelly.

I love the seedless ones...can't tell the difference between the red ones and the green ones, I eat them indiscriminately.

Speaking of grape soda, I always forget that it's highly explosive :x They need a warning label on that stuff.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 12:01 am

What about wine grapes? :P Can we talk about those?

I'm not much for grapes but I had a short lived infatuation with all things wine related earlier this year.

Like did you know that zinfandel grapes were originally grown in the US for the production of table grapes they were so sweet? (though I'm not much for Zin really)

Or that grape vines for wine production in most regions of the world need to be grafted onto the roots of North American grapes to avoid their destruction by pests?

In New Jersey wild grapes run amok. Their pits are large and they don't make an appetizing snack and I never developed a taste for them (and I spent my childhood foraging among the many and myriad wild fruits here abouts).

I do like me some grape soda too.

And plus they are a gorgeous looking fruit:

Raisins on the other hand should die in a fire. Worst. dried fruit. ever.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 12:14 am

Duck and Grape Joke

A duck walks into a hardware store and says to the clerk "Got any grapes?"

The clerk says, patiently, "No, this is a hardware store, we don't have any grapes, try a grocery."

The duck leaves.

The next day the same duck walks into to the same hardware store and says to the clerk "Got any grapes?"

The clerk says, a little less patiently, "No! Like I told you yesterday, this is a hardware store, we don't sell grapes here."

The duck leaves.

The next day the duck walks into the store again and says to the clerk, "Got any grapes?"

By this time the clerk is thoroughly pissed off with the duck and says "No! We don't have any f*****g grapes! This is a hardware store! If you come in here and ask me again I'm going to nail your f*****g feet to the floor!"

The duck leaves.

The next day the duck walks into the hardware store and says to the clerk, "Got any nails?"

The clerk, relieved, says, "Finally! A sensible question! But no, I'm sorry, we're all out of nails, I just sold the last package."

And then the duck says, "Good. In that case ... got any grapes?

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 12:46 am

I love big, fresh, seedless green grapes that are nearly capsule-shaped.

I love raisins of black or golden varieties.

I don't drink fruit beverages often, but concord grape juice is probably my favorite of them. The familiar tart black liquid is delicious and very comforting.

DazzleKitty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Apr 2008, 1:13 am

I love grapes....they're one of my favorite fruit. But oddly enough, I don't eat them all that often.

I do like grape juice and was addicted to it for a while, but now I'm on an orange juice kick. I tend to alternate between orange, apple, and grape juice.

I also had white grape and cherry juice once...it was pretty dang good for such an odd combo.

Welch's has this sparkling soda that is red grape flavored and is amazing. It's like grape soda but more fizzy and with a more genuinely grape taste.

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 5:39 am

Grapes!

I actually have a bunch of Concord Grapes in my backyard. I ate them all last year within a month and a half... let's see if I can drag it on this year. Ahaha.

Y'know, I'm actually addicted to grapes. Seriously. If we don't have grapes in the house, strange things happen. And if I don't eat grapes for a while, I go a little crazy. Ahaha, it's funny, though.

Oh, and when I have unfermented grape anything, I get drunk. Seriously. If I drink grape juice, it happens. If I eat grapes, it happens. If I have grape candy, it happens. Kinda funny. It used to be a 'oh I'm so happy that I feel drunk' thing, but recently stranger things have happened. Ahaha.

sim
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 5:43 am

YES A THREAD JUST FOR ME

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 6:35 am

grape colored grapes for me.

spudnik wrote:
Duck and Grape Joke

The clerk says, patiently, "No, this is a hardware store, we don't have any grapes, try a grocery."

The duck leaves.

The next day the same duck walks into to the same hardware store and says to the clerk "Got any grapes?"

The clerk says, a little less patiently, "No! Like I told you yesterday, this is a hardware store, we don't sell grapes here."

The duck leaves.

The next day the duck walks into the store again and says to the clerk, "Got any grapes?"

By this time the clerk is thoroughly pissed off with the duck and says "No! We don't have any f***ing grapes! This is a hardware store! If you come in here and ask me again I'm going to nail your f***ing feet to the floor!"

The duck leaves.

The next day the duck walks into the hardware store and says to the clerk, "Got any nails?"

The clerk, relieved, says, "Finally! A sensible question! But no, I'm sorry, we're all out of nails, I just sold the last package."

And then the duck says, "Good. In that case ... got any grapes?

Nice, I didn't know it was a duck. Here's my version:

The clerk says, patiently, "No, this is a hardware st....wait. What in hell?"

The duck asks again "Got any grapes?"

The clerk seemingly aggravated screams "AHHHHHH!! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK! YOU'RE A DUCK!"

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 6:55 am

I like sour grapes