Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 3:37 am

Who thinks this about some of the longer posts on here?

I seem to be in the minority who only reads and writes short posts.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 3:42 am

hale_bopp wrote:

fudo thinks similarly , have long suspected i have adhd and very often find it hard to focus long enough to read the longer posts. would like to though.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 3:44 am

Sometimes =] a lot of times I just think it's people needing to vent about something so I'll scan over it quickly but don't read too much into it unless I think I can help that person. Speaking of long posts...

Had to zoom out a lot in order to get it all in one print screen, then I resized the whole thing. :lol:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 3:45 am

Fudo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

fudo thinks similarly , have long suspected i have adhd and very often find it hard to focus long enough to read the longer posts. would like to though.

I think it is an ADD thing, I just can't sit still for long enough to read a long post.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 4:15 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Fudo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I think it is an ADD thing, I just can't sit still for long enough to read a long post.

mostly it's ok, i figure i'll never read all the posts on WP anyway, but sometimes i'll come across something interesting and not have the patience to read it thoroughly. :/

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 4:20 am

I try to make my posts short, because I'm acutely aware of how little patience most people have. I usually try and make my speech brief and focused for the same reason.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 4:38 am

I'll read a long post, but only if it is well structured, I am not going to read a giant wall of text with no breaks in the flow to allow my mind to get a "breather" before I continue reading.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 6:38 am

If it's a subject that interests me, or I'm in a particular mood, I will read long posts, but if not, I'll either skim or skip them.

It helps if a long post is broken up into paragraphs rather than being one massive wall of text.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 6:50 am

I'm usually careful to have my posts at an optimum length; no more than a two minute read.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 6:52 am

I also make really short posts.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 7:12 am

Writing long posts is exhausting for me and when I put forth the effort and get little to no response I figure it's not worth

the effort. I also have a hard time reading long walls of texts because of attention problems. I have a hard time keeping

my place. Still I understand how difficult it is to explain a tough emotional situation in concise terms. I do think that some

purposefully make a topic of general interest longer than it needs to be in the hopes of appearing intellectual.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 10:19 am

Yep. I am like that too except I don't type it. Then again I have ADD so that could be a reason why I do not read long posts.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 12:45 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how to say it all with one word. :lol:

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 4:35 pm

Sorry tldr :P

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 8:47 pm

too long didn't read > tldr > tilda > ~ . Who's up for a new expression? You saw it here first. Anyhow, I avoid long posts like the plague and the same goes for long threads. I find after a few pages that the subject matter shifts slightly (as it would in real life), maybe the idea of subthreads could be introduced (if the idea doesn't exist already).

Also, I didn't realise that there was a link between not reading long stuff and ADD. I think I am more to do with that than autism, but the OL tests show otherwise

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 9:21 pm

I make ridiculously long posts when I explain something or when I'm giving answers in exact details but tend to most of the times respond in short texts to make it easier and simply because I'd rather be straight forwards than trying to over explain things.

Yet I don't have a problem with reading long text, I find it easier to relate to the problems people go through that way.