Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 3:26 am

I'm curious about this...but does anyone else have experiences of deja vu? I mean extremely vivid, down to the details deja vu in places and situations you've never been in. I ask just because I got knocked off mid-sentence tonight because everything lined up just perfectly where I knew (and still know) that I'd seen what was in front of me before. I've had it that vividly maybe 4 times ever in my life....curious if anyone else experiences this or not.

/yes, I am spooked by it
//it was down to the people I was sitting with and the content on tv (the browns beating the giants on one screen and the phillies playing the dodgers).
///i also had it a couple weeks earlier and just as vivid and knocked me for a loop.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 4:05 am

It happens to me sometimes, usually when I'm very tired.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 4:16 am

I get this a lot. Vivid details etc. I have had this since I was a kid. Its really weird, but does have a reasonable rational scientific explanation.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 4:45 am

Yep. Even weirder are replications of something I had dreamed, which has not happened often.
What's annoying is that my sharpest, most vivid memories are all false.

Kelsi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2008, 5:28 am

I get this occasionally, but it used to happen a lot before I was diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. I also used to experience Jamais Vu a lot back then - now that is REALLY freaky!

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2008, 6:26 am

heh, theres one incident i remember in primary school, two days i went into school i remember having the second day... well lets just say it felt like groundhog day (film)... everything the same seemed to happy, perhaps i was going nuts but i was so sure that everything that'd happened that day had happened before...

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 10:01 am

Kelsi wrote:
I get this occasionally, but it used to happen a lot before I was diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. I also used to experience Jamais Vu a lot back then - now that is REALLY freaky!

Same here, with both.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 10:31 am

Yes, I've experienced sensations of deja vu. Also, in my teens mostly, I would have dreams that did actually happen. Always left me feeling strange! Haven't had any dreams like that for many many years though.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 10:34 am

Wasn't this topic started once before?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 10:42 am

http://www.wpr.org/book/080907a.html

http://broadcast.uwex.edu:8080/ramgen/w ... 080907a.rm

"Do you ever have the strange feeling that you've heard this promo before? Well, in this case, it's only fitting because we're going to explore deja vu on the next edition of To the Best of Our Knowledge. We'll try to find out what causes us to think we've already experienced the exact same situation before, even though we haven't. And Wendy Lesser talks about watching Alfred Hitchcock's classic film, "Vertigo." Over and over again.

SEGMENT 1:

"Chris Moulin is a cognitive neuro-psychologist at Leeds University. He tells Anne Strainchamps about his work involving the phenomenon of deja vu. Here's a link to Moulin's blog .

SEGMENT 2:

"We hear a clip from the 2007 film "When Nietzsche Wept" which introduces the concept of "eternal recurrence." That's the subject of Lawrence Hatab's book "Nietzsche's Life Sentence: Coming to Terms with Eternal Recurrence." Hatab tells Steve Paulson that the philosopher spells out his notion of a constantly self-renewing universe in "Thus Spoke Zarathustra." Also, art critic, novelist and editor Wendy Lesser reads excerpts from her essay "Hitchcock's Vertigo." Doug Gordon produced this piece in honor of the fiftieth anniversary of the Hitchcock masterpiece, which was released in 1958. Lesser's essay appears in her book, "Nothing Remains the Same: Re-Reading and Remembering."

SEGMENT 3:

"Rivka Galchen finished her MD and MFA degrees. Now she's published her first novel, "Atmospheric Disturbances." She talks with Jim Fleming about the book, and we hear an excerpt from the audio-book version read by Malcolm Hillgartner.

"CD copies are available at 1-800-747-7444. Ask for program number 08-09-07-A."

- Emerson

Last edited by MrMark on 14 Oct 2008, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 10:45 am

I get the deja vu sensation frequently. I dismiss it as just another brain sensation, one of many in my repertoire.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 3:38 pm

why was this moved? i was interested in this in the context of fellow people with asperger's. not to talk about it like some mystical garbage or anything. wanted to know how people react to it and if anyone has a way of simply going through it.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 3:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
Wasn't this topic started once before?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 5:09 pm

skafather84 wrote:
why was this moved? i was interested in this in the context of fellow people with asperger's. not to talk about it like some mystical garbage or anything. wanted to know how people react to it and if anyone has a way of simply going through it.

I moved it because I couldn't see that is has anything to do with autism. It's good that you posted it on an autistic forum, since your interest is in the context of autism. You're lucky I didn't move it to PPR. I thought about it in the context of "mystical garbage," but thought your interest was probably more scientific. That's why I offered the referal to Deja vu.

- Emerson

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2008, 5:44 pm

I get it every now and again. I actually got it yestaday while I was watching tv.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 7:56 pm

MrMark wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

I moved it because I couldn't see that is has anything to do with autism. It's good that you posted it on an autistic forum, since your interest is in the context of autism. You're lucky I didn't move it to PPR. I thought about it in the context of "mystical garbage," but thought your interest was probably more scientific. That's why I offered the referal to Deja vu.

good point. yeah, it's definitely in the context of autism and i figured that there'd be a few of fellow aspergians who have the experience as well.