I wanna be better than all people NOW!! !! !! !! !

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 12:56 am

HaleLocke wrote:
Im 19

Shut the F K up!! !
19 for chrissake!
Please enlighten us as to how bad you've had it. I'm just dying to know.
There are participants on this forum who have been raped, molested, grossly abused and neglected the list goes on and on...
But speaking from experience: By the time I was your tender age I had been physically and emotionally abused to the point that police had to forcibly remove me from my "mothers'" home at which time I was placed in "the system" (foster care). She had literally ironed my hand, held my head under water and crushed my ankle by slamming it in a car door (those are just thing things I remember). I grew up gay AND went undiagnosed with AS until I was 40! I had a pervert of a grandfather who enjoyed inappropriate naked cuddling and a sophomore guidance counselor who thought I was ready to "come out" and he was just the guy to "help". By the time I left the house (age eighteen) we had moved 23 times across the country which means I pretty much had no friends or close family EVER.
So please... indulge me. How have you had it soooo bad that you deserve more than anyone else?
I am breathless.......

Fluffybunnyfeet
Raven
Raven

02 Feb 2009, 4:32 am

HaleLocke wrote:
Well, I wish I was one who was perfect, and never had to be wrong. Why can't I hurry up and be wiser than all people my age? I wish I were born better than everyone, therefore I would be happier! I wiseh I never made mistakes, and that I was above-average (or better yet) perfect in every aspect of life.

I'm pretty close to perfect. Its overrated. :nerdy:

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Feb 2009, 9:16 am

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
HaleLocke wrote:
Im 19

Shut the F K up!! !
19 for chrissake!
There are participants on this forum who have been raped, molested, grossly abused and neglected the list goes on and on...
But speaking from experience: By the time I was your tender age I had been physically and emotionally abused to the point that police had to forcibly remove me from my "mothers'" home at which time I was placed in "the system" (foster care). She had literally ironed my hand, held my head under water and crushed my ankle by slamming it in a car door (those are just thing things I remember). I grew up gay AND went undiagnosed with AS until I was 40! I had a pervert of a grandfather who enjoyed inappropriate naked cuddling and a sophomore guidance counselor who thought I was ready to "come out" and he was just the guy to "help". By the time I left the house (age eighteen) we had moved 23 times across the country which means I pretty much had no friends or close family EVER.
So please... indulge me. How have you had it soooo bad that you deserve more than anyone else?
I am breathless.......

I'm so sorry you had to go through all that :( there are some horrible people in the world. Horrible, horrible, rotten, evil people.

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 10:20 am

So, you really want to be "wiser"? I don't know whether one can acquire "wisdom" so easily.
However, you might want to try acquiring vast quantities of "knowledge".

It's the next best thing! :wink:

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 2:34 pm

HaliaTotheres wrote:
I'm so sorry you had to go through all that :( there are some horrible people in the world. Horrible, horrible, rotten, evil people.

Thank you for the sentiment. My point certainly wasn't to garner sympathy for me but to re-awaken a small sens of humility in the OP. There are people out there (perhaps even on this forum) who have had it far, far worse than I. I try not to begrudge anyone elses' experiences, but I think all of them need to be taken with a grain of salt.
BTW: I've survived, have pretty good adoptive parents, a great partner... the usual trappings of a normal American life.

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Feb 2009, 2:37 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
HaliaTotheres wrote:

Thank you for the sentiment. My point certainly wasn't to garner sympathy for me but to re-awaken a small sens of humility in the OP. There are people out there (perhaps even on this forum) who have had it far, far worse than I. I try not to begrudge anyone elses' experiences, but I think all of them need to be taken with a grain of salt.
BTW: I've survived, have pretty good adoptive parents, a great partner... the usual trappings of a normal American life.

I just read it and felt I needed to say something, I know you weren't fishing for anything, it just kind of jumped right out of me. :) and I'm happy to read everythings going ok for you! :)

bheid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Feb 2009, 2:49 pm

1. there are no objective ways to measure superiority.
2. subjective ways are made by you.
3. declare yourself better.
4. ???
5. profit!

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 1:31 pm

This is not a good road to go down. Don't let ego get to your head, and don't allow pressure to really screw you up.

You have to appreciate your surroundings... be in touch with your spirituality, and be humble, whilst realizing that by doing so, you're not any less of a person.

It's hard to be humble in young Western society and not feel intimidated, but perhaps you can train your mind to overcome this kind of stress, and realize that there are some equally valid people out there who are worth investing your trust and company in.

Yes, there are some jerks, but they're the pathetic people whom are idiots and have nothing going for them, unless they find a way to rehabilitate themselves.

Etiquette and humility, with a healthy dose of skepticism and caution, is healthy.

I'm not saying you can't be proud of yourself from time to time, or even have no ego, but don't let thoughts of rage and disgust to others, and the pressure to thrive screw you up - the road you're going down right now may f**k with your head.

I hope my advice proves useful.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 2:19 pm

samtoo wrote:
This is not a good road to go down. Don't let ego get to your head, and don't allow pressure to really screw you up.

You have to appreciate your surroundings... be in touch with your spirituality, and be humble, whilst realizing that by doing so, you're not any less of a person.

It's hard to be humble in young Western society and not feel intimidated, but perhaps you can train your mind to overcome this kind of stress, and realize that there are some equally valid people out there who are worth investing your trust and company in.

Yes, there are some jerks, but they're the pathetic people whom are idiots and have nothing going for them, unless they find a way to rehabilitate themselves.

Etiquette and humility, with a healthy dose of skepticism and caution, is healthy.

I'm not saying you can't be proud of yourself from time to time, or even have no ego, but don't let thoughts of rage and disgust to others, and the pressure to thrive screw you up - the road you're going down right now may f**k with your head.

I hope my advice proves useful.

Oh yes ive atemted the ego train a couple of times never ended up good... at all...

So dude just stop while your ahead... :?

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 2:24 pm

Fluffybunnyfeet wrote:
HaleLocke wrote:
Well, I wish I was one who was perfect, and never had to be wrong. Why can't I hurry up and be wiser than all people my age? I wish I were born better than everyone, therefore I would be happier! I wiseh I never made mistakes, and that I was above-average (or better yet) perfect in every aspect of life.

I'm pretty close to perfect. Its overrated. :nerdy:

Here here! People don't realize just how difficult it can be to be the living embodiment of The Ideal.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 2:26 pm

HaleLocke wrote:

I deserve it. I want it more than anyone in this stupid, tarnished world!

Theres no such thing as perfection. Second, you say you want to be better then everyone else but that would cause you to have other problems like social issues. With the attitude you displayed here no one would want to be around you. Third, All the supposed facts will be changed in a few decades anyway because no knowledge is absolute or without change.

HaleLocke
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Feb 2009, 7:14 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
HaleLocke wrote:
Im 19

Shut the F K up!! !
19 for chrissake!
I am breathless.......

Person you shut the hell up, you have no right to be rude to me and belittle my problems. I don't live inside of you, so I don't know of your pain. Sorry!

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 7:19 pm

too late. perfection is ultimate, its like the zero-dimensional point of the pre-big-bang proto-existence, there can be only one such all-ness and everything-ness, and i AM that.

i AM perfect.

I AM GOD

25 Feb 2009, 9:09 pm

I think HaleLocke is Princess_1989 so wb you.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 9:54 pm

HaleLocke wrote:
I deserve to be smartest, wisest, and all the most talented as I have had a waaaaaay harder life than ANYONE here, and can't imagine anyone having it as bad as me. I think that I have overcome sooo many obstacles despite rough crcumstances, therefore I deserve to have the gift of being the best.
That's a bit selfish of a point of view. People here have gone through many rough times as well, and you are not special in that. Look at the posts above if you need examples. And for circumstances, I was not even supposed to be able to talk, let alone be the person I am today. I think you need to work on making your perspective a bit wider, and perhaps those sorts of things will follow.

HaleLocke

25 Feb 2009, 10:44 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I think HaleLocke is Princess_1989 so wb you.

who is princess_1989???