Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

d057
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 1:23 pm

Who here enjoys playing the Sims 2? I really enjoy that game. The Sims is a great game for Aspergers teens to play because it is really fun, and it also teaches some important social skills. One of the things it taught me is that you need to remember to keep in contact with old friends. If you don't, a messagae will come up and and remind you that you havent been in contact with them. I clicked on that mailbox hack cheat that automatically made friends for your sims, and they got about 50 friends. My sims forgot to keep in contact with them, and messages from all 50 of those people came up, and almost crashed my game. This taught me to keep in contact with friends and relatives more often, and it has helped me keep old friendships.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 2:07 pm

Haha yeah I've had that happen too when I used the cheat for all the friends. I love playing The Sims games, but I usually don't really bother with making too many friends. Maybe I'll change my mind when The Sims 3 comes out and it's easier to walk around the neighbourhood and meet people.

It's ironic that while taking care of my sims I neglect my own needs and have at least once sat there all day without bothering to eat or anything.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 2:07 pm

d057 wrote:
Who here enjoys playing the Sims 2? I really enjoy that game. The Sims is a great game for Aspergers teens to play because it is really fun, and it also teaches some important social skills. One of the things it taught me is that you need to remember to keep in contact with old friends. If you don't, a messagae will come up and and remind you that you havent been in contact with them. I clicked on that mailbox hack cheat that automatically made friends for your sims, and they got about 50 friends. My sims forgot to keep in contact with them, and messages from all 50 of those people came up, and almost crashed my game. This taught me to keep in contact with friends and relatives more often, and it has helped me keep old friendships.

i like sims 2, i got it, but i cant say i will use it as any sort of "learning tool"

sometimes, when i play, i remove the phone from the wall, and buy it only when i need it, then sell it immediately afterwards 8)

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 2:09 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
sometimes, when i play, i remove the phone from the wall, and buy it only when i need it, then sell it immediately afterwards 8)

Yeah I do that too, it was terribly annoying the first time I gave my sim a cell phone and it kept ringing all the time and I didn't know how to take it away.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 2:13 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

Yeah I do that too, it was terribly annoying the first time I gave my sim a cell phone and it kept ringing all the time and I didn't know how to take it away.

haha i didnt know about that, but i could have imagined.

what i want is a sim-gun. seriously. some of those neighbors are a pain, especially a few who randomly comes over to yell your sims out, and interrupt your flow.

a sim gun should be able to be picked up, like the teddy-bear or toddler, and carried around.
while in his hands, you should point, and maybe got options such as "shoot to wound" "shoot to kill" whatever, and a bullet would slam all stats down to 0, and maybe have a 85% shance for death to appear.

got that everyone? start programming, and report back to me!! !

aurea
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 1:42 am

the funnisest thing is to invite a sim in then remove the door so that they are locked in a room in your house. :twisted: Or put them in the pool and take the steps out. :wink:

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 1:50 am

aurea wrote:
the funnisest thing is to invite a sim in then remove the door so that they are locked in a room in your house. :twisted: Or put them in the pool and take the steps out. :wink:

here's my favorite "challenge", make two people "attack" continously, till they piss themselves and finally pass out.

my sims fear their god :]

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 6:50 am

aurea wrote:

I once put up a fence all around the house with 10 "big brother contestants" and locked the gate so they were all stuck inside (except for one guy who took out the trash). I then just sat back and watched them do their thing. They almost burned down the house, one person froze to death, one had a child (who then became the one who could leave), there was a gay relationship and a three way relationship, and I think one of the dogs ran away but I got it back somehow. It was an interesting experiment. I think in the end everybody died and I moved out the child to go live on with his terribly messed up childhood memories.

I used to rely on the swimming pool to kill off any of my unwanted sims, but then they started leaving puddles around the house as ghosts so that got really annoying.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 12:27 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
aurea wrote:

I once put up a fence all around the house with 10 "big brother contestants" and locked the gate so they were all stuck inside (except for one guy who took out the trash). I then just sat back and watched them do their thing. They almost burned down the house, one person froze to death, one had a child (who then became the one who could leave), there was a gay relationship and a three way relationship, and I think one of the dogs ran away but I got it back somehow. It was an interesting experiment. I think in the end everybody died and I moved out the child to go live on with his terribly messed up childhood memories.

I used to rely on the swimming pool to kill off any of my unwanted sims, but then they started leaving puddles around the house as ghosts so that got really annoying.

you can delete/sell graves or urns, in my experience, that also gets rid of the ghost.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 12:44 pm

I have a bit of an odd relationship with this game. I don't necessarily enjoy playing it.. but it sucks me in and won't let go :evil:
I can spend hours and hours on that game and not even realize that any time has passed! It can be frustrating sometimes :lol:

I am looking foward to the Sims 3, though. I've played 1 and 2 (and most of the expansions for both) so I can't forsake 3. Unless it deserves it :twisted: