Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jsmitheh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2009, 12:18 am

I don't like having nightmares, but it is kind of cool all of the messed up things a persons brain can put together into imagery, so I was thinking about how I could make myself have a nightmare.

I was reading a bit, and apparently eating bananas before bed can do it, something with the potassium.
Also sleeping with an electric blanket up really high.

Any other ideas?

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 12:21 am

took some a hallucogen and go to sleep (This is meant in jest)

Eat right before you go to bed

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 12:33 am

um...I get nightmares a lot...someone told me its because its all the messed up music I listen to

Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is a perfect example

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 10:41 am

uh...

arent dreams often just messed up summaries of whats been roaming around your skull lately? either way, i dont think they simply depend on when you eat.

try to ruin your life. quit your job, text a kinky message to one of your parents and be sure to include "mom/dad" or theyll assume you mistook their number or something, invite friends over, just to kick them in the sack when you open the door.
by now you should have SO many worries in your life, that you should be getting nightmares like *that*

happy to help :]

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 12:14 pm

The way I think would be good to force a nightmare is to watch a bunch of scary movies at night, eat a bunch of sweets, cheese and bananas and then constantly thinking about the scary movies when in bed.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 2:55 pm

[quote="Jsmitheh"]I don't like having nightmares, but it is kind of cool all of the messed up things a persons brain can put together into imagery, so I was thinking about how I could make myself have a nightmare.
quote]

Your inconscient, a part of you, is shouting to you to open your eyes and see what you don't want to see.

If the nightmare is recurrent, and always the same,you should understand its meaning, and soon it will vanish.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 4:57 pm

Well, maybe you will have a nightmare about not getting nightmares as you go to bed tonight. :D

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 5:32 pm

Keep your core temperature high. For some reason I always get nightmares if I have a fever or just overheated, might work on you too.

Eat a heavy meal before sleeping.

You could also try deliberately thinking morbid thoughts for a period of time before you sleep. I know if something is on my mind late at night, it will get into my subconscious and I'll probably dream about it. Again, this might work for you too.

Watch horror movies regularly. Images from them will probably work their way into your mind a little.