Are girls scary?
Yes 35%  35%  [ 8 ]
No 65%  65%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 23

UncleWoodstock
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 May 2009, 10:48 am

I could probably write an essay about this subject but I'll try my best to shorten it

I am very awkward around girls, I have no clue what to say to them and I have no idea how i should act around them. Its currently summer and girls at my college are going around with low cut tops and short shirts, i dont know where to look. I will even look completely away from a girl i'm talking to just so I'm not in eye line of their cleveage. It all goes back to how self contious i am and how i dont wanna appear as a utter pervert but i seem to take it one step further.

Its probably not just a AS thing but i bet that doesnt really help, and with each girl wanthing different things, theres no way to know how to behave :oops:

Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 11:21 am

Hm.
Well.
I'm a girl.

BOO! ;)

But perhaps you could try focusing on their face? You don't have to look them in the eye, but perhaps their mouth or a lock of hair or something when talking. There's so much of a girl, her chest area isn't the only part to focus on.

I used to have a hard time talking to guys. But I kind of pretended I'd be talking to my (imaginary) brother or cousin, and that helped to make it a lot easier for me to talk to a guy:) 'Cause when you're siblings, you don't have to constantly think about making the right impression and saying/doing the right thing etc. And you can be honest.
You talk to girls like you would with guys (or perhaps your mum;)) but perhaps a bit gentler, depending on what you're personality is like. And you just act like you always act.

Try not to make a big deal out of it, they're not as mysterious as you might think:)

Common things are usually the best way to start a conversation and to keep it going.. e.g. a new movie at the theater, a certain restaurant, Summer vacation plans etc.

UncleWoodstock
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 May 2009, 11:33 am

1234 wrote:
Hm.
Well.
I'm a girl.

BOO! ;)

But perhaps you could try focusing on their face? You don't have to look them in the eye, but perhaps their mouth or a lock of hair or something when talking. There's so much of a girl, her chest area isn't the only part to focus on.

I used to have a hard time talking to guys. But I kind of pretended I'd be talking to my (imaginary) brother or cousin, and that helped to make it a lot easier for me to talk to a guy:) 'Cause when you're siblings, you don't have to constantly think about making the right impression and saying/doing the right thing etc. And you can be honest.
You talk to girls like you would with guys (or perhaps your mum;)) but perhaps a bit gentler, depending on what you're personality is like. And you just act like you always act.

Try not to make a big deal out of it, they're not as mysterious as you might think:)

Common things are usually the best way to start a conversation and to keep it going.. e.g. a new movie at the theater, a certain restaurant, Summer vacation plans etc.

"Jumps backwards"

Yea theres a point, i happen to go for girls that have really nice smiles for some reason

Think what my problem is when i actually grow some balls and talk to a girl, i get paranoid that i'm boring them

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

11 May 2009, 7:14 pm

girls arent scary

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 7:44 pm

Well you really should be weary of some girls...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxh1BDSgpdU[/youtube]

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 9:48 pm

Guys are scarier. :twisted:

But for the most part, I just deal with girls the same way I would deal with guys. It's a lot less awkward when you're not viewing girls in romantic/sexual terms.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 10:28 pm

It's a sexy woman! Run for the hills!

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 11:30 pm

Cyberman wrote:
But for the most part, I just deal with girls the same way I would deal with guys. It's a lot less awkward when you're not viewing girls in romantic/sexual terms.

Here's the best plan. Just see both genders as human, don't let romantic/sexual thoughts affect your behavior, and girls might seem a little less scary.

I don't treat guys differently that I do girls, even if I find them attractive. It might take some time to get used to a different mindset, but try it out.

Easier said than done, right? :P