Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 1:08 pm

sketches wrote:
Fickle_Pickle wrote:
I am crying a river as I type this, I want a hysterectomy, but have to wait until I'm 30, which is no way I will do.

Why wait so long? You should literally be allowed to in your early twenties. Heck, I'm 19 and I'm allowed to.

BTW, you wouldn't like my opinion on PMS besides that I believe it's fake.

Trust me it's not fake. Normally I am assertive bordering on aggressive, but calm and logical. Before a period I suddenly have huge flashes of rage for no reason, find it VERY hard to keep my emotions down and be reasonable, get hypoglycemic very fast...I could go on. This plus my AS and I'm one hard person to be with.

Quote:
I believe that is the general medical consensus in some countries, like France? I am inclined to agree, from my perspective, even though menstrual pain is potentially overwhelming and troublesome, labeling it as a disease or mental state sounds like a way of making the female body's natural functions seem unnatural

I do think the female menstrual cycle is equivalent to a syndrome or disease. Of course not all women have a difficult one. But if you do, yes, it is essentially equivalent to a disease.

If you had a condition which periodically caused flashes of anger, hypoglycemia, weight gain then severe pain and bloodloss, you would feel totally justified in calling it a syndrome....I would anyway...

To the thread starter: I understand, I want a hysterectomy too. I find it senseless to keep suffering from that all my life just in case when I'm much older I decide I want kids.

tunnelmouse
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2009, 4:18 pm

I suggest you read my post on the following thread called "Am I the only one with period pain"

Now PMS is different from PD, but has vary similar features.

Your more asking how to get access to the pill which is a effective way in stopping pain. As I've stated the pill reduces acne,stops most pregnancy,and stops the pain.

Access to the pill can be obtained a variety of ways. Taken from your location of N Hollywood California I searched around.

Option 1
-Planned Parenthood SHOULD (and I am not saying always, but I know the one in my state does) have reduced priced birth control. Just set up a consultation!
Note- I can't post links so just google planned parenthood

Option 2
-General MD can prescribe it without your mom consent

Option 3
-Get a friend in another state with a Planned Parenthood who does have it to mail it to you

Option 4
-Get up front with your mom. Its your body and your in pain. She is your mother and needs to recognize/take action up that.

What won't work is losing weight drastically which will only stress your body and can cause permanent damage to your reproductive organ and developmental growth. Yes your period may end, but think can you really keep it up for that long?

I hopes this helps and good luck....And yes even though I am a 19 year old male...I have GREAT sympathy for women who have to suffer through this!

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 5:29 pm

Quote:
What won't work is losing weight drastically which will only stress your body and can cause permanent damage to your reproductive organ and developmental growth. Yes your period may end, but think can you really keep it up for that long?

I don't give a crap about my reproductive organ (assume you mean the uterus). I don't see it as part of my body. More like an implant that was put there whether I wanted one or not. I know that's illogical, but there it is.

tunnelmouse
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2009, 5:38 pm

I ment to say "organs" excuse the typo :wink:

Your reproductive organs may seem yes as a weird devilish implant by some weird alien...but it plays a vital role in making you well YOU!

Your ovaries produce hormones that help you grow, develop and maintain your body's balance. Also, your reproductive organs is not something to be shameful of, but more proud about! If you ever have the chance to go see the play "The Vagina Monologues" it will change the way you think about your reproductive organs. Think more of your "vagina" as tool of empowerment!

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 5:42 pm

tunnelmouse wrote:
I ment to say "organs" excuse the typo :wink:

Your reproductive organs may seem yes as a weird devilish implant by some weird alien...but it plays a vital role in making you well YOU!

Your ovaries produce hormones that help you grow, develop and maintain your body's balance. Also, your reproductive organs is not something to be shameful of, but more proud about! If you ever have the chance to go see the play "The Vagina Monologues" it will change the way you think about your reproductive organs. Think more of your "vagina" as tool of empowerment!

I like having a vagina and producing estrogen...just not my uterus.

My uterus is not part of me. To me, anyway. My body is my own. I am not a god damn baby machine.

It's something to do with the fact that reproducing is such a big deal for female humans.

If I were like a female animal and could have a litter then get up and go hunting, or lay eggs like a reptile (I have always loved that idea) , I would feel more empowered about being a female.

But the idea of being a fertile human female is way too linked in my mind with disempowerment...

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 9:23 pm

I really don't hate my reproducive organs, I despise the fact that the hormones are able to co-operate with them, so I do despise producing estrogen, because of the horrible imbalance. I'm looking for some over-the-counter creams, though.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 12:49 pm

pensieve wrote:
To those people that think pms is fake try meeting a person that has it severe or gets diagnosed with PMDD. Last year I got so depressed every cycle since I started birth control. Then the depression didn't seem as bad when I went off the pill, but I still get unusually angry when I get pms. Last month was pretty bad too. I almost took my life. I thought I was Bipolar but having those emotions around the same time every month kind of made me think.

Fickle Pickle you should try going on anti-depressants for your pms if it is severe. I don't know why you don't want to go to a doctor. Evening Primrose Oil pills might help. I take them during my cycle. About 3 at once.

I don't want to go to a doctor because I HAVE NO MONEY. And prescriptions are expensive.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 2:16 am

tunnelmouse wrote:
I suggest you read my post on the following thread called "Am I the only one with period pain"

Now PMS is different from PD, but has vary similar features.

Your more asking how to get access to the pill which is a effective way in stopping pain. As I've stated the pill reduces acne,stops most pregnancy,and stops the pain.

No it doesn't. It eases the pain. In my case I need 40mg of codeine to deal with my period pain. I was on the pill for 7 months and I still had the worst period pain. The pill just screwed me up. It can actually make acne worse, and it did give me PMDD, which is why I'll never use it again.
The only good thing about the pill besides not getting pregnant was I knew when I'd get my period so I could organize going to places without having to worry about it.

tunnelmouse
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2009, 5:34 am

I was in general saying that when your periods stop your pain stops. If the pill fails and you still have your period, of course you will have pain. In few cases the pill can make your period worse however when your period ends your . I recommend you talk to your gyno about these methods: depo-provera, nova ring, patch or the IUD insert.

There are alternative means to stopping periods which your pain stems from other then the pill. If you still have pain and no periods then you need to be checked for secondary dysmennorhea.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 3:15 pm

tunnelmouse wrote:
I was in general saying that when your periods stop your pain stops. If the pill fails and you still have your period, of course you will have pain. In few cases the pill can make your period worse however when your period ends your . I recommend you talk to your gyno about these methods: depo-provera, nova ring, patch or the IUD insert.

There are alternative means to stopping periods which your pain stems from other then the pill. If you still have pain and no periods then you need to be checked for secondary dysmennorhea.

I don't have a gynocologist, I have no life whatsoever and no money.

tunnelmouse
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2009, 4:47 pm

Most planned parenthoods have a time when they offer free pap smears and stuff. They are their for low income/people who have no money!

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 6:12 am

tunnelmouse wrote:
Most planned parenthoods have a time when they offer free pap smears and stuff. They are their for low income/people who have no money!

What for? I don't have cervical cancer.

Sublyme
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2009, 12:11 pm

Planned parent hood should be able to give you birth control pills at little or even no cost, they base their prices on a sliding scale, and offer some services for free for people with low income. Oral contraceptives can make your periods shorter, lighter, and even non-existent...and also control the mood swings associated with your cycle......I take Yaz, and love it. It totally stopped my periods....it's also approved to treat PMDD (a very severe form of PMS)....

I never had bad PMS, just an irregular cycle and long, very painful period, and acne that flared up around ovulation....getting rid of ovulation and my period greatly improved my quality of life (even if it's just for a month every week). I didn't do it on purpose....it just got lighter and shorter until it stopped completely...I do a pregnancy test once in a while though...since I have no warning sign of pregnancy in case the pill fails....

Oh, and most doctors or NP's that prescribe birth control pills will want to do a pap smear first, even if you aren't sexually active yet.....

You could also try going to a health food store and get some supplements like evening primrose oil, and others.....but most likely they will cost money....

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 4:15 pm

uh I hate period pains, I seem to get the worst and my periods are heavier than the ocean.
But I fortunatly don't get emotional/ratty during them though, the downside is I'm just like that all the time anyway :lol:

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2009, 2:36 pm

MONKEY wrote:
uh I hate period pains, I seem to get the worst and my periods are heavier than the ocean.
But I fortunatly don't get emotional/ratty during them though, the downside is I'm just like that all the time anyway :lol:

Same with me. But the only time I can tell it's PMS is if I'm crying uncontrollably.

ladyinred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jun 2009, 8:33 pm

You just click on the "pm" box next to the person's name of the ones you want to send it to.