Does everyone in this thread hate being a woman?

Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2013, 2:43 pm

I don't. Women live longer than men. Women are smarter than men. I am happy with my gender. And no, I am not a lesbian, I am heterosexual.

bookwyrm
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2013, 12:49 pm

Being a woman is about your body and your hormones. It is not about what society expects you to put on the outside of that body. I have no problem with being a woman, but no one is going to make me act as if being a woman is something you have to augment for it to be good enough. I am a woman, not a man. I wouldn't want to be a man. Their hormones are worse than ours! They miss a huge portion of life by not being as closely tied to their children and having different responsibilities.
I come to this section because I think other women with the same set of hormones as me and here with the same neurostatus are more likely to say things I can understand. To me women's discussions are not just those about makeup or bras or children, but about how we cope with life and see things etc.

It seems to me that men are the ones that makeup and dresses etc are for, they should discuss them. I have enough confidence in my self as a woman that I accept my body as it is. I think that is because I am confident in who I am, not the opposite.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2013, 1:03 pm

bookwyrm wrote:
Their hormones are worse than ours!

[...]

It seems to me that men are the ones that makeup and dresses etc are for, they should discuss them.

Would you mind elaborating on those two points? :)

dreamy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Apr 2013, 1:11 am

Mostly, I like how I am. Feminine looking without the makeup. In my mind I feel like an even mix of masculine and feminine.

anneyce

01 May 2013, 12:20 pm

I am a feminine looking woman who happens to be a lesbian. It happened a few times that many (including lesbians) would not believe that I'm gay, because according to whatever stupid standard, I don't look "lesbian". But wait, weren't we all supposed to drop all those dumb stereotypes and labels? Ironically enough, the so called "community" has a particularly hard time on this one.

revolutionarygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2013, 3:23 pm

I am comfortable with being a woman. What I'm not comfortable is the gender system in our society and how we view biological sex. One can only be male or female...there is no in between, and if you are, you are freak. I want to make both systems more fluid. You can masculine, feminine, a boy, a girl, a hermaphrodite..who cares? I read an article about an anthropologist arguing that we expand to a five sex system. I'll see if I can find it. I think it would be less binding.

Tarabrae
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2013, 4:56 pm

^^^^ yep, that. (am also very interested in that article!)

I have no problems with being a woman. I have major problems with the way women are viewed by the majority of society though.

I also have major problems with the idea in the OP that if you are not feminine enough tht you are somehow not really a woman. If someone is queer, intersex, asexual, trans, cis, whatever, and they identify as a woman, then they are a woman. And they get to post here in the women's discussion group. As do people who do not identify as women.

Yayoi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2013, 5:31 am

I'm female, but don't see myself as "woman" - "girl", "chick" or "lass" would be more accurate. I just don't like that term and the stereotypes it carries... still, I post here because females with Aspergers are a bit harder to come by (and we're awesome).

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 5:34 pm

I am intersex (partial AIS) therefore have to deal with some women's health concerns and my mother socialized me as a girl when I was young. I identify as third-gender but I have some of the same life experiences as women and these are things I can never discuss with men. I rarely visit this forum because I don't want to violate a "female only" space, but I do come from time to time when I honestly need to read about something I am going through. I hope I'm not unwelcome. :oops:

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 5:41 pm

It isn’t female-only.

revolutionarygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2013, 6:51 pm

kouzoku wrote:
I am intersex (partial AIS) therefore have to deal with some women's health concerns and my mother socialized me as a girl when I was young. I identify as third-gender but I have some of the same life experiences as women and these are things I can never discuss with men. I rarely visit this forum because I don't want to violate a "female only" space, but I do come from time to time when I honestly need to read about something I am going through. I hope I'm not unwelcome. :oops:

You are more than welcome here.

Cinnamon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2013, 3:56 am

revolutionarygirl wrote:
I am comfortable with being a woman. What I'm not comfortable is the gender system in our society and how we view biological sex. One can only be male or female...there is no in between, and if you are, you are freak. I want to make both systems more fluid. You can masculine, feminine, a boy, a girl, a hermaphrodite..who cares? I read an article about an anthropologist arguing that we expand to a five sex system. I'll see if I can find it. I think it would be less binding.

I agree. I'd like to add that I also dislike the way society sees certain kinds of behaviour as stereotypical male or stereotypical female. Blegh.

starship
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 May 2013, 9:09 pm

I am female, but feel strange being called a woman. I don't feel like a man either, though. If I could choose I would have no gender. No genitalia, no breasts or curves, no body hair.. like some kind of alien. :lol:

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 2:40 pm

I don't dislike being a woman any more than I think I would dislike being a man. This is the package I came in. But being a woman is most certainly the least interesting thing about me and the last way I self identify.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 8:22 pm

I don't hate being a woman, I just hate being treated like one a lot of the time. I don't feel feminine psychologically, I feel androgynous or a little masculine, but since I have the joy of owning a female body with the accompanying pms, sexual harassment, childbirth, (seven years total of!) breastfeeding, and discrimination I guess I get to post on a women's board.

bookwyrm

14 May 2013, 3:04 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
bookwyrm wrote:
Their hormones are worse than ours!

[...]

It seems to me that men are the ones that makeup and dresses etc are for, they should discuss them.

Would you mind elaborating on those two points? :)

The agression caused by testosterone is notorious

and make-up and dresses are for attracting men so they should discuss them. I refuse to plaster my face with muck and dresses are impractical.