Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Acedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2014, 2:56 am

hurtloam wrote:
I know a few women like me that have broad horizons, but they don't live near me and I find it hard to meet up with them. There are a couple of women I particularly like. They are very down to earth and just all round good people, never play games, always there for people. Yeah good folks exist, I'm just rubbish at friendships.

I find it hard to make friends too. But I always find one or two people I connect with. Do you know any geeky kinds of women around? I find that nerds and geeks tend to be easier to make friends with, and they always tend to be more interesting to speak to. Obviously that's subjective, but me personally, I find them more interesting.

hurtloam wrote:
I was a bit obsessed with Blade Runner for a while. Is Deckard a replicant? It sort of makes more sense if he is. I've watched various edits on youtube and there's loads of odd theories out there about the film. Ridley Scott is pro replicant, Harrison Ford thinks he wasn't a replicant.

I remember watching that film in class, and we were all discussing whether he was actually a replicant or not. Good film.

hurtloam wrote:
I love Stranger than Fiction stars Will Ferrel

Another good film.

hurtloam wrote:
But I feel different and trapped and not normal.

You sound like a cool person, I hope you have success in finding good friends.

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jan 2014, 2:01 pm

I find myself more alienated from them than anything. People often say that I'm super-honest about everything, or that I'm really reserved and try to keep myself from getting involved with people. In a lot of cases, especially with most NT women, I think the difference is really just the alienation. I'm very used to being treated like a little puppy by them, and though it's a tolerable position to be in, it's just not the most interesting. But if I want to talk about what I'm actually thinking about, which is usually a pretty topical matter or some sort of fantasy story I'm writing in my head (since I don't have the patience to write anything down), I alienate them. So the end result is someone who plays the part of puppy but doesn't say too much beyond that.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Oh man ask me about my favourite things and I won't shut up :D

I'm really getting into The Bridge at the moment - the original Swedish/Danish version.

My favourite film is a bit girly, but's not one people have usually heard of, but I highly recommend it for its quirkyness. Waitress is about this waitress who deals with stress by making these wonderfully obscure pies. She's saving up money to escape from her abusive husband, but discovers at the beginning of the film that she's pregnant and that confuses all her plans. It sounds dark, but it is a really sweet film with a non stereotypical ending.

I love Stranger than Fiction stars Will Ferrel as a man who discovers he's the protagonist in a novel and finds out that the writer is going to kill him off so he has to find her before she pens the final words.

I was a bit obsessed with Blade Runner for a while. Is Deckard a replicant? It sort of makes more sense if he is. I've watched various edits on youtube and there's loads of odd theories out there about the film. Ridley Scott is pro replicant, Harrison Ford thinks he wasn't a replicant.

I mean, I'm not exactly cultured am I? But I feel different and trapped and not normal. I wish I could enjoy more mainstream things and fit in better.

I know a few women like me that have broad horizons, but they don't live near me and I find it hard to meet up with them. There are a couple of women I particularly like. They are very down to earth and just all round good people, never play games, always there for people. Yeah good folks exist, I'm just rubbish at friendships.

The Bridge is about the only tv series I am looking forward to seeing.
Tomorrow night another double bill on BBC4. :cheers:

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 7:23 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Oh man ask me about my favourite things and I won't shut up :D

I'm really getting into The Bridge at the moment - the original Swedish/Danish version.

My favourite film is a bit girly, but's not one people have usually heard of, but I highly recommend it for its quirkyness. Waitress is about this waitress who deals with stress by making these wonderfully obscure pies. She's saving up money to escape from her abusive husband, but discovers at the beginning of the film that she's pregnant and that confuses all her plans. It sounds dark, but it is a really sweet film with a non stereotypical ending.

I love Stranger than Fiction stars Will Ferrel as a man who discovers he's the protagonist in a novel and finds out that the writer is going to kill him off so he has to find her before she pens the final words.

I mean, I'm not exactly cultured am I? But I feel different and trapped and not normal. I wish I could enjoy more mainstream things and fit in better.

Did you watch The Bridge again tonight hurtloam? It was excellent again.
Scandinavians seem to be really great at making high quality television these days. Better than their dutch and english counterparts.