Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 12:44 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
I currently own three dresses.

Make that five as of now. I've started to wear dresses more often these days. Still tend to prefer jeans and a nice jumper though.

Lost_dragon wrote:
However, I dislike wearing long skirts since I tend to trip in them. :oops:

Which probably makes it sound as if I'm short, but I'm actually quite tall. Despite this, I still manage to trip in long skirts regardless. I'm not a great fan of long dresses either, I prefer them to be knee length and no longer (or shorter, otherwise I might just wear it with jeans as a long top).

Lost_dragon wrote:
That's also why I don't wear heels, then again it's difficult to even find heels in my size, due to the fact that they are usually too narrow and small for me.

Plus they are really hard to walk in, I have tried wearing heels in the past, but I have just ended up either falling on my face, or tripping up in them. :lol: How people manage to walk in those things is beyond me. 8O

I tend to prefer wearing either trainers, sandals or boots with as little heel as possible.

Not much has changed there. High heels are still a mystery to me. I can never find slip on shoes in my size either, because they tend to be too narrow. Usually I shop in the Women's Wide-fit section.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 5:35 am

Oh no I haven't managed to lose any weight since I first posted, but I'm still wearing dresses and skirts. My skirts are one-size fit all kind so it doesn't matter. I got a few new tops and a couple dresses. I look not too bad. Sure I look a bit chubby and likely won't attract handsome young men. :D But being a bit chubby in Canada is perfectly ordinary.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 11:40 am

I was made to wear dresses/skirts a lot as a young child, but once my mother realized I really didn't like them, she cut down on the frequency, until I just had to wear them for very special occasions. Finally, I stopped wearing them at all for several decades. Several years ago I bought 3 jersey skirts just to wear around the house and yard in the warmer months, as I don't handle the heat well, and I figured that they would feel a little cooler. I don't wear them away from the house and yard because I still don't care for such things, and also, I look terrible in skirts and dresses. When trying to keep cool around the house, I don't care how I look, so it doesn't matter then.

If you like them, fine, but if you don't like them, that's okay too, and you shouldn't have to wear them if you don't like them.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2024, 1:13 am

Ok this is almost six years later. I have not got any skinnier. But I've grown into this body and accepted it. :D I've built up quite a collection of maxi skirts and maxi dresses. A few midi but I usually wear the maxi when I go out.

I feel comfortable in them, especially in summer. I pretty much don't wear pants from May to September. (Thank goodness I don't seem to have chub rub.) It's not done for modesty, or being feminine or attract attention. I just wear what I like and what' comfortable.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2024, 1:18 am

I love wearing dresses if they're soft and flowy.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2024, 2:29 am

Never. For one thing I'd have to shave my legs and that's just insurmountable. I don't wear shorts either.

I do have one dress, that I have never worn. It's a black winter dress and I have black tights to wear with it, but I just never had occasion to. I bought it in case I needed to wear something nice.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2024, 3:28 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
Make that five as of now. I've started to wear dresses more often these days. Still tend to prefer jeans and a nice jumper though

Oh how the tables have turned. I own quite a few more dresses now and I quite like them.

bee33 wrote:
Never. For one thing I'd have to shave my legs and that's just insurmountable. I don't wear shorts either.

Personally I don't shave my legs either and I still wear skirts, shorts and dresses. Anyone who is put off by that isn't my target audience so no loss there really. 8)

AnonymousPlease
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Apr 2024, 7:45 pm

Wow!! I’ve finally found people who also don’t shave their legs, wasn’t expecting that for some reason. I don’t wear dresses because nobody else does, plus I don’t want to shave my legs and I can’t STAND tights. I wouldn’t mind wearing a dress with leggings but I feel like it’d make me stand out too much. I doubt that’s logical though lol

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm

AnonymousPlease wrote:
Wow!! I’ve finally found people who also don’t shave their legs
We're a small minority even on WP, I think, but I wonder if that's an autistic thing to some degree. I find all personal grooming to be such a chore. I shower and make myself look tidy to go out, but if it wasn't for the sake of other people, I wouldn't bother. Even combing my hair is a task I would gladly skip and sometimes do. I don't wear make up, and I cut my own hair, which I wear in a very plain style, without any hair products.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2024, 10:21 pm

Kohl's now has a selection of dresses in both the Junior's and Women's department.

But, I couldn't pass up a pair of size 3 jeans at 80% off that fit right off the rack.
The Eddy Bauer had flannel insulated size 2P jeans at 40% off. Also fits without alteration.
Expensive, but cheap when you consider how much I can save on the heating oil bill during the cold winter months.

LittleBeach
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2024, 7:14 am

I don’t wear dresses because I am not really in touch with my feminine side, so I just don’t feel comfortable in them. I have worn them on very rare occasions to parties when it’s been a black tie event but I felt very self conscious, so it’s something I avoid now. I don’t usually shave my legs either.

PineappleLobster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2024, 7:37 pm

I’ve never thought of dresses as a “special occasion” only attire. I do wear them casually cause comfy.

I’ve also never shaven my legs, though apparently i inherited my aunt’s thin body hair

My pronouns are they/them and he/him

~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)

PineappleLobster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2024, 7:37 pm

I’ve never thought of dresses as a “special occasion” only attire. I do wear them casually bc pretty and, comfy.

I’ve also never shaven my legs, though apparently i inherited my aunt’s thin body hair

My pronouns are they/them and he/him

~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm

Only if I can wear something underneath; shorts, long cycling shorts, tights, even pants...

As long as the dress is not very revealing or exposing, has no garter depending it (I don't like the sensation of garters tightening around my arms or torso) even though I don't mind belts, nothing backless (not only for sensory issues but also a cold trigger hazard for me), no shoulderless (I just hate it, hate it more if my arms are covered yet my shoulders are not and hate it even more if it's in a form of garter).

Even though I don't mind sleeveless, I prefer there's a shirt for sleeves underneath and doesn't hurt too much (like spaghetti straps with heavier dress).
If it's designed to reveal cleavage, I'd rather have a shirt underneath.
And definitely NO detached sleeves. I'd rather have no sleeves than having that.

Don't care about shaving. I prefer not having the need to.

And pockets. Pockets. Pockets. Pockets.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm

When I was younger in school, I loved wearing dresses & skirts, I loved wearing miniskirts in high school, I had faves skirts, I wear jean skirt too,I stopped wearing dresses in my 30s, they are expensive. I still have skirts.

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Apr 2024, 7:45 pm

I love dresses! I wear them quite frequently, assuming I've gotten around to shaving my legs recently. :oops:

I don't consider them "special occasion" wear, but yeah I do sometimes feel a little out of place coming to work in a dress because it's so casual and the majority of other women wear jeans and t-shirts.