Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

21 Nov 2009, 8:37 am

Anyone here ever been happy to get their period?

My period came a week late and I was worried it would never come and I might have to wait a few months and it was depressing me. But now that my period is here, I am happy again and it means I am still dropping eggs and can still get pregnant.

This is funny because lot of women hate getting their period and wish they didn't get it. Then they are unhappy when it comes but because I want to have kids, I want to get my period because it means I am dropping eggs. You can't get pregnant if you don't release any eggs.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 9:40 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Anyone here ever been happy to get their period?

there were times I was ecstatically thrilled to get my period, S_G, but it was usually because I was so relieved I wasn't preggers.

21 Nov 2009, 9:45 am

I had that scare once in 2006. My period didn't come and for those days I was scared I might be preggers. But I wasn't feeling any different. Then when my period came, I got excited about it. Back then I wasn't ready to have a child even though I wanted them. But my ex was just lazy and he didn't seem like the type of guy who would get off the computer just to change a diaper or feed our child. I could picture him complaining about our kid interrupting his activities and how he can't play his game as long because of the baby. Then when I am home, I could just see he would want me to do everything and I didn't want that.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 9:58 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I had that scare once in 2006. My period didn't come and for those days I was scared I might be preggers. But I wasn't feeling any different. Then when my period came, I got excited about it. Back then I wasn't ready to have a child even though I wanted them. But my ex was just lazy and he didn't seem like the type of guy who would get off the computer just to change a diaper or feed our child. I could picture him complaining about our kid interrupting his activities and how he can't play his game as long because of the baby. Then when I am home, I could just see he would want me to do everything and I didn't want that.

wow, I am certainly glad you had enough sense to delay starting your family until you were with a more mature family oriented kinda guy.

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

21 Nov 2009, 1:07 pm

When I first got my diva cup I was excited to get my period so I could try it out

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 6:57 pm

I was last month I was over 2 weeks late. I've got two kids one with alot of needs both my husband and I feel that we hit our limit. My husband even went as far as getting "fixed" 8 years ago when we started seeing that Jake would need more then the average kid to make sure we'd beable to give both the kids we already had good lifes. Know if that damn thing comes undone not only would I be in over my head my husband would freak out and demand a DNA test 8O.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 10:49 pm

I don't worry that I'm pregnant when I'm late, because I'm happily a virgin, but I start worrying about getting date raped. It's irrational because I'm hardly ever out of the house, but anxiety is never rational with me.
Most of the time my PMS symptoms are much worse then my period symptoms, so I'll be excited to get my period then too.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2009, 5:20 pm

ya i love it when i get my period

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2009, 5:32 pm

jc6chan wrote:

That is certainly interesting jc6chan. Are you going to the doctor for the hormonal issues? Do the other boys in gym class make rude comments? I am certain your parents were concerned.

Merle

Juan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2009, 5:38 pm

Me too.
I was late for half an month last time.
I felt bad at that time.
I even dought if there are some cancer in my body to make my period wrong.
When I finally got it, I felt so happy.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2009, 9:01 pm

BlueMage wrote:
When I first got my diva cup I was excited to get my period so I could try it out

haha me too. I was also excited for my most recent one because I was going to try out the Mooncup to compare. Unfortunately it arrived at the worst possible time: mid-flight across the country :oops: but at least I discovered that the Mooncup is even better than the DivaCup.

Although, even on those occasions I wasn't truly excited because I've always hated my period because it's always been inconsistent in every possible way. But since I started using the DivaCup and now the Mooncup, I don't dread it nearly as much because I know that it's controllable now. :)

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2009, 9:46 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
jc6chan wrote:

That is certainly interesting jc6chan. Are you going to the doctor for the hormonal issues? Do the other boys in gym class make rude comments? I am certain your parents were concerned.

Merle

Ya my parents were concerned alright.

28 Nov 2009, 9:51 pm

I'm till on my period. It usually doesn't last this long. But at least it's not heavy anymore.

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2009, 10:22 pm

Ever since my fiance and I became sexually active, I used look forward to having my periods... until I recently learned that women can still have periods even when pregnant. 8O

Ahh, well. Now I'm back to dreading them. :lol:

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2009, 11:04 pm

Nope..not excited to have mine. They last 12-15 days, and yet I cannot get pregnant....they are a cruel joke.

29 Nov 2009, 12:51 am

CleverKitten wrote:
Ever since my fiance and I became sexually active, I used look forward to having my periods... until I recently learned that women can still have periods even when pregnant. 8O

Ahh, well. Now I'm back to dreading them. :lol:

But not very often. It can be spotting and if the bleeding is real heavy, something is wrong. It could be a result of a miscarriage or a threatened one. But if the baby is all right, the mother has to be on bed rest or she can lose the baby. I never had my period when pregnant.