Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 4:39 am

But sadly, I'm way too young for that surgery. I know I've said this about my uterus, but now I think my ovaries are the problem. I just don't want to have a single period ever again for the rest of my life. I'm on the birth control that limits the amount of periods, but I still have the PMS symptoms. Perhaps taking SAM-E will help.

Marsian
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2009, 7:06 am

Tell me about it...

Truthfully I don't think anything helps that much...

What is SAM-E?

tourettebassist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2009, 9:55 am

I'm a guy, so my response may be moot, but a friend was"cleaned out" of her woman parts, but the ovaries were left. Without them, one doesn't prduce the nessesary female hormones, and the testosterone takes over, producing body hair in , perhaps, the wrong places. She no longer menses and feels great for that, and claims, if I may say, to be 'hornier' because she is not burdened with the problems plaguing menstruation.
But , I'm just a guy, and relaying what my friend had said.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 1:48 pm

I just want my tubes tied. I have no desire to have kids at all, and having a period is a nuisance. I am on a birth control that allows me to be period free for 3 months, but I still get the bad symptoms when it comes around.

I want it gone!

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 12:07 pm

Chibi_Neko wrote:
I just want my tubes tied. I have no desire to have kids at all, and having a period is a nuisance. I am on a birth control that allows me to be period free for 3 months, but I still get the bad symptoms when it comes around.

I want it gone!

Me too. I took the medicine and I still have PMS. I should just give up. :cry:

Perhaps, medical marijuana might work?

02 Sep 2009, 4:11 pm

Luckily for me I don't have to worry about getting my period for another seven six months. Maybe I should keep getting pregnant to keep my period away. :D

I didn't mind getting my period really because my birth control kept the cramps away. But how are you too young to have your ovaries removed? You're 18? Is there a age limit when you can have them removed?

You can still get your period when you have your tubes tied. My mom had hers tied but she still gets her period because her body doesn't know there is no egg. Now she goes through a menopause. I wonder if she still gets her period or the last time she has had it?

But when you do have your ovaries removed, you will end up taking medicine for your hormones. My grandmother had to have hers removed when she was 42 due to a growth and she had to take pills ever since.

Hey would taking aspirin work or any other pills that helps menstrual cramps? You can buy them over the counter.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:54 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Luckily for me I don't have to worry about getting my period for another seven six months. Maybe I should keep getting pregnant to keep my period away. :D

I didn't mind getting my period really because my birth control kept the cramps away. But how are you too young to have your ovaries removed? You're 18? Is there a age limit when you can have them removed?

You can still get your period when you have your tubes tied. My mom had hers tied but she still gets her period because her body doesn't know there is no egg. Now she goes through a menopause. I wonder if she still gets her period or the last time she has had it?

But when you do have your ovaries removed, you will end up taking medicine for your hormones. My grandmother had to have hers removed when she was 42 due to a growth and she had to take pills ever since.

Hey would taking aspirin work or any other pills that helps menstrual cramps? You can buy them over the counter.

Cramps are the least of my worries. I only have trouble with mood swings and sweet cravings. Those cause me NOTHING but trouble.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 8:04 pm

tourettebassist wrote:
I'm a guy, so my response may be moot, but a friend was"cleaned out" of her woman parts, but the ovaries were left. Without them, one doesn't prduce the nessesary female hormones, and the testosterone takes over, producing body hair in , perhaps, the wrong places. She no longer menses and feels great for that, and claims, if I may say, to be 'hornier' because she is not burdened with the problems plaguing menstruation.
But , I'm just a guy, and relaying what my friend had said.

That sounds cool. I want to have that done.

JessicaDayla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2009, 8:54 pm

the drugs you'd be on if they were removed are not exactly fun, and if taken in certain ways could still result in having a period. I would still recommend asking a doctor to set you up with an endocrinologist for birth control that would remove the period altogether. That way, nothing is permanently done.

jessimus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2009, 4:16 am

im on a pill called loette. during my week off i tend to get sensitive to others, sometimes even crying when something has been said thats hurtful. i have NEVER been a crybaby, but my periods are so annoying. apart from that, its the only problem i have with it. my boobs have gotten bigger and ive lost weight around the tummy. dont know if this is my body filling out towards being 18 etc or if its the pilk

parrotnut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Sep 2009, 2:22 pm

I know exactly how you feel!:( I have very bad pain every month and I am on BC called Lutera, I was on Femcon, but that made the pain worse so I am trying a different one now.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 7:01 pm

JessicaDayla wrote:
the drugs you'd be on if they were removed are not exactly fun, and if taken in certain ways could still result in having a period. I would still recommend asking a doctor to set you up with an endocrinologist for birth control that would remove the period altogether. That way, nothing is permanently done.

Nah, I would rather just not have a uterus...

JessicaDayla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2009, 7:32 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
JessicaDayla wrote:

Nah, I would rather just not have a uterus...

That is much easier to manage aftercare than removing the ovaries.

parrotnut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2009, 9:06 am

May I ask you, why you don't want to have another period?? Is it because of pain, or what?

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 9:28 am

parrotnut wrote:
May I ask you, why you don't want to have another period?? Is it because of pain, or what?

Because I don't want to go through the PMS symptoms like irritability, depression and sweet cravings.

parrotnut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2009, 9:40 am

OK, I have ALL of those symptoms too, why don't you just go on BC????????? You are being very stupid, In My Opinion
You could go on BC, or you can just take medicine for PMS every month, like I do? I don't get it? what is your point?