Autistic 14 or more 22%  22%  [ 12 ]
NT: 11 or less 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
NT: 12-13 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 54

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 1:46 am

Are there any numeric difference between those on the spectrum and NTs? I have it more often than most, as I am usually closer to 3 weeks than 4, which means that I have 14-15 a year. It’s probably just due to me being like that, but I thought it could be interesting to see if a poll turned out something peculiar.
If you don’t want to comment, that’s fine, it can be a sensitive issue, but please use the poll.

Edited: Groan, I included "NT 14 or more" but it didn't show up it seems... Sorry.

Last edited by Skilpadde on 28 Jun 2009, 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 2:06 am

Mine were very erratic until I was about 20. I was diagnosed with a form of cancer and the chemo shut down my cycles. They resumed after I went into remission and have been fairly regular ever since.

Regards,

Patricia

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 7:24 pm

My cycle is about 31 days long. So I guess I get about 11 periods a year. I went to the doctor and he said that 31 days is abnormal, and that most woman have a 28 day cycle.

I dunno, I feel pretty healthy to me. :shrug:

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 10:48 pm

CleverKitten wrote:
My cycle is about 31 days long. So I guess I get about 11 periods a year. I went to the doctor and he said that 31 days is abnormal, and that most woman have a 28 day cycle.

I dunno, I feel pretty healthy to me. :shrug:

That's a silly thing for a doctor to say! There is plenty of variation. I'm on the pill now, which regulates it to every 28 days, but without the pill, mine come anywhere from 30 to 35 days apart. I'm perfectly healthy everything works properly. I had a friend who insisted there must be something terribly wrong with me, because hers had come like clockwork every 28 days from the start. No doctor ever saw a problem with it, though. My first few years of menstruating, they were anywhere from 2 weeks to four months apart. And really heavy. Nothing like spending middle school wondering when you are suddenly going to have a giant puddle of blood on your seat when you get up. I'm glad that didn't last! (And that was in the days when pads were like having a box of kleenex between your legs.)

I can't imagine that there is any correlation between cycle length and ASD's, though.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

29 Jun 2009, 1:40 pm

I have about 12-13 a year but the only reason I'm regular is because I'm taking a contraceptive pill. Before I started taking it I would only have about 8-9 periods a year. That wasn't a bad thing but I had to go on the pill because they were too heavy. I'm not sure if my vote counts since I'm controlling my cycle artificially.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2009, 5:53 pm

I think I might have PCOS which does reduce the number a bit. I am trying to treat the PCOS right now. Sometimes it is related to blood sugar instability.

nansnick
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 1:15 pm

Have been regular for about a year. Before that it was completely erratic, sometimes not occurring at all and when occurring at completely different times of the month.

I've also noticed during periods of high physical activity (no pun intended) I'll have no period for months.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 2:17 pm

I don't have autism, but I assume autistic was used to mean the entire spectrum, so I voted Autistic: 11 or less.

I often don't menstruate for long periods of time. Could be due to being so lean, though. I'm 15.8% fat.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 6:39 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
I don't have autism, but I assume autistic was used to mean the entire spectrum

Yes, autistic was meant to mean anyone with Aspergers, atypical autism, classic autism or PDD-NOS.

And thanks for your feedback so far.

Sublyme
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jul 2009, 8:47 am

Back when I used to get periods I'd get 9-10 a year. My average cycle was about 38 days long. Not really irregular, just constantly 10 days late. I realized by the time I was 15 (and having periods for almost 4 years) that I wasn't really 10 days late every month if I calculated my cycle to be about 38 days long.

When I started taking birth control pills I had a 28 day "cycle" and got about 12 periods a year. When I switched to this particular pill my "periods" got lighter and lighter every month until they stopped completely. For the past two years I've had no periods. I can't say I miss them at all, but I do a pregnancy test every few months just incase the pill failed...I'd have no way of knowing I was pregnant. It's actually a pretty nice side effect....

OhNowIGetIt
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jul 2009, 2:11 pm

when I am regular, and I usually am, I cycle about every 24 days, maybe 26 a few times per yr.. thats a lot of periods! I am the only one I know like this. I also began what I consider to be kind of early, right after I turned 11.

subliculous
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2009, 8:35 pm

like clockwork, 12 a month, except the times i've been pregnant (which my boyfriends took care of). they just get shorter as i age. i'm down to about a 3 day period now.

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 11:33 am

I used to be on a 30 day cycle, but now I'm on a shorter one. it seems to be about 23-25 days, but I haven't bothered calculating it. it changed when I went through the stress of losing my house and job and working through my son's mental health issues.

Toad42
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2009, 2:17 pm

Mine used to vary from 3 days to 2 weeks long with gaps between 10 days and four or five months, usually long heavy ones with short gaps or short ones with long gaps. After I got close to anaemia I was put on the pill which made things regular but not light so I got a mirena fitted that stopped things entirely :D happy me.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 8:43 am

Mine last about 10 days now..I go for 4-5 days of light bleeding and then I heavy-bleed for another 5 or so days. Really annoying. I am pretty regular..I start bleeding a few days before the full moon and then it gets really heavy at the full moon..then it takes some days before it is gone. I wish that I could speed up the process.

JessicaDayla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2009, 8:49 am

Not that I am in this category, but where do the NT frequent fliers fit?