Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2010, 10:10 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Many do live entirely for their children, and lose their own identity. However, there's nothing wrong with introducing yourself as ____'s mother if it's someone that knows your child but not you. It doesn't mean that parent is automatically defining themselves based on their child.

I honestly worry for the parents that lose their own identities. When they're children leave the nest (which inevitably happens in most cases) they become lost. I've noticed parents like these often become the overbearing and meddlesome in laws.

I recently parted ways with a former friend. She never has anything to say about herself, it's all her daughter's doings. Whenever she would talk to me, it was all about what her daughter and her daughter's friends were doing, what they liked to eat, what they wore to go clubbing, etc. When she called me to tell me her daughter was going to get laid, I had to draw the line. 8O :?

Eww... that's gross. I had a mom I was friends with that decided to tell me her son was getting laid. I didn't talk to her much after that. :-\

I don't much blame you! :eew:

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 2:16 pm

Woah, that was defintely TMI on both their accounts (what kind of kid tells their parents too :?) !

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 2:26 pm

Lene wrote:
Woah, that was defintely TMI on both their accounts (what kind of kid tells their parents too :?) !

Kids that have been raised to believe it's normal to call mommy up as soon as the penis hits the vagina? Really, you got me. My mother was the last person to know when I lost my virginity. She certainly didn't go around telling friends like she was proud once she did find out, either.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2010, 7:08 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Lene wrote:

Kids that have been raised to believe it's normal to call mommy up as soon as the penis hits the vagina? Really, you got me. My mother was the last person to know when I lost my virginity. She certainly didn't go around telling friends like she was proud once she did find out, either.

I later found that this friend had major boundary issues. She even rang me to tell me that her daughter was flying out to Colorado for her "first time." I asked if her daughter knew she was telling me this, and she assured me that her daughter didn't mind! 8O :?