Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 4:07 am

Something I found very interesting that my guy friend brought up. Women who chose their close friends are often very selective. They want someone who has everything in common with them so they can agree about everything. So Im guessing this is y aspie women find it hard sometimes to befriend NT women. Cause we often dont have much in common with them. It seems a lot of the aspie females on this board find the things that NT talk stupid. In the past 4-5 yrs Ive had friends, Ive only had 1 good female friend where the friendship was genuine. All the other females who tried to be good friends to me did it mostly out of sympathy.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 4:52 am

Ai_Ling wrote:
Something I found very interesting that my guy friend brought up. Women who chose their close friends are often very selective. They want someone who has everything in common with them so they can agree about everything. So Im guessing this is y aspie women find it hard sometimes to befriend NT women. Cause we often dont have much in common with them. It seems a lot of the aspie females on this board find the things that NT talk stupid.

They are. Or at least that is what I used to think. Now I understand that the focus of NT female fixations comes down to attracting a proper mate, or at least having the ability to do so. This is why little 7 year old girls have entire conversations around their new barettes. But this is not entirely innate of course. Much of it is socially learned behavior...which is probably why I never learned it.

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2011, 7:41 am

It's odd, isn't it!? I have maybe one or two female friends, but I live in an apartment with 3 dudes. Guys understand me so much better. I tend to alienate women (which is a shame because I am bisexual) :wink: I can't relate to all the drama and make-up and status stuff. I'd rather be playing video games, or jamming on the guitar with a group, or reading ...or heck, just about anything else!