Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 7:39 am

I'm lean everywhere else to the point that my connective tissue is visible...and I still have a pair of DD tumors messing up my back and making movement awkward. Seriously what the f**k? My body fat is low enough that you can see a network of connective tissue on my obliques and serratus...and these hideous things won't reduce. Why the hell is my body hanging on to them? Anyone?

TB
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 8:45 am

Have you thought about making them smaller through surgery ?.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 8:46 am

Perhaps to allow you to both brag and draw attention to yourself in an oblique way?

:shrug:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 8:58 am

Look into breast reduction surgery? Is about all I can suggest.

If any further advice is required I'm afraid photos of the offending region will be necessary.

SuperSimoholic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Aug 2011, 10:08 am

DD isn't that big, not when you consider how much bigger you could be - I'd count myself lucky if I were you.

Try being a J cup (36J-UK/36M-US/80N-EU/14J-AU). My spine is curved at the bottom because of the pressure from the weight. I can barley stand for longer than an hour and exerciser is out of the question. Doctor sent me to the gym, told me it would make my back better but now it's worse.

If they are that much trouble then you can get a reduction - Even for free on the NHS in England if the doctor agrees that they lower your quality of life.
I live in England, and can get one, but I'm going to wait until after I've had children because they will just grow again while pregnant so the initial surgery would have been a waste of time. Also I'd like to breast feed and give my children the best start in life.

You could also try a sports bra? They are designed to keep your boobs close to your body to reduce bounce, so they wont get in the way as much.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 10:35 am

I'm saving up for surgery. Can't afford it right now though. Vlech.

Another reason I'd be very tempted to play with anabolic steroids...they make them smaller...

Last edited by mechanicalgirl39 on 03 Aug 2011, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 10:37 am

Fnord wrote:
Perhaps to allow you to both brag and draw attention to yourself in an oblique way?

:shrug:

Please die.

If I was going to brag I'd brag about something I'm actually proud of. And please take your shallow and flippant attitude elsewhere. One, this is actually a real health issue and describing it as bragging is just obnoxious, and two, this is the women's forum. If you're going to spend time in a forum that is specifically for female issues when you are male then show some respect just like we would if we were posting in a male only forum.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Perhaps to allow you to both brag and draw attention to yourself in an oblique way? :shrug:

Please die. If I was going to brag I'd brag about something I'm actually proud of. And please take your shallow and flippant attitude elsewhere. One, this is actually a real health issue and describing it as bragging is just obnoxious, and two, this is the women's forum. If you're going to spend time in a forum that is specifically for female issues when you are male then show some respect just like we would if we were posting in a male only forum.

Oh.

On the one hand, I'm really sorry that you have such a problem with your anatomy. Surgery does seem to be your only option, and I hope that you are not disappointed with the results, as I've seen some breast-reductions post-op (up close and personal), and the results looked ... odd, to say the least.

On the other hand, complaining about a feature that others literally die to obtain somehow seems absurd to me. My answer was neither shallow nor flippant. It was a honest response. I did not fail to notice that you did not wish that Tequila would "Please die" when he posted his own "shallow and flippant" response to your plight:
Tequila wrote:
... If any further advice is required I'm afraid photos of the offending region will be necessary.

On the gripping hand, maybe you should limit your discussions of this matter to licensed medical persons who specialize in such matters (rather than posting in a public forum in which anyone may post a reply); they are the ones most qualified to advise and help you, and only they can make any real difference in your condition.

Good luck.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 8:56 am

Fnord wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Perhaps to allow you to both brag and draw attention to yourself in an oblique way? :shrug:

Please die. If I was going to brag I'd brag about something I'm actually proud of. And please take your shallow and flippant attitude elsewhere. One, this is actually a real health issue and describing it as bragging is just obnoxious, and two, this is the women's forum. If you're going to spend time in a forum that is specifically for female issues when you are male then show some respect just like we would if we were posting in a male only forum.

Oh.

On the one hand, I'm really sorry that you have such a problem with your anatomy. Surgery does seem to be your only option, and I hope that you are not disappointed with the results, as I've seen some breast-reductions post-op (up close and personal), and the results looked ... odd, to say the least.

On the other hand, complaining about a feature that others literally die to obtain somehow seems absurd to me. My answer was neither shallow nor flippant. It was a honest response. I did not fail to notice that you did not wish that Tequila would "Please die" when he posted his own "shallow and flippant" response to your plight:
Tequila wrote:
... If any further advice is required I'm afraid photos of the offending region will be necessary.

On the gripping hand, maybe you should limit your discussions of this matter to licensed medical persons who specialize in such matters (rather than posting in a public forum in which anyone may post a reply); they are the ones most qualified to advise and help you, and only they can make any real difference in your condition.

Good luck.

Yes, I was pissed off by Tequila's comment too. But it was late at night and I was too tired to go as*hole hunting.

I appreciate your points, but why do you say it's absurd of me to complain? Why is it that if a woman wants bigger tumors that's understandable, but someone who wants smaller ones it being absurd? Why are my feelings less valid??

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 9:09 am

What do you expect people to be able to do here? Have you tried Googling for forums of women that are in similar situations to your own?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 9:18 am

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
... I appreciate your points, but why do you say it's absurd of me to complain? Why is it that if a woman wants bigger tumors that's understandable, but someone who wants smaller ones it being absurd? Why are my feelings less valid??

Breasts are not tumors, so they are not a disease. But, like I said, you should consult a licensed physician/surgeon who specializes in this sort of thing. People on this website are more concerned with Asperger's Syndrome and it effects than with things like hypermammation or body dysmorphic disorder, where people are preoccupied by a perceived defect in their physical features.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 9:27 am

Indeed - I don't know what you want people to say to you here. If you have a perceived defect with your breasts that aren't actually there because you dislike your breasts almost regardless of size, look to see a shrink. If they really are too large, try to see a doctor. Have you checked out other forums?

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

To be honest, I just felt like complaining. I've already checked out other options and none are doable right away.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 11:05 am

Breast reduction surgery may be covered by insurance due to the back pain it's causing. Most insurance companies that cover the procedure require a minimum percentage be removed, however I don't think removing "too much" is really a concern you'd have.

I like mine. I prefer them as "C"s instead of "D"s but they're an erogenous zone for me so I appreciate having them.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 11:16 am

I just read the other comments in this thread and I'm a little baffled why there are two men telling mechanicalgirl39 what she should and should not be posting about in the Women's Discussion forum and how it does and does not relate to Asperger's Syndrome. Can we have a privilege check, please?

White-Rose-Tree

04 Aug 2011, 8:59 pm

Yeah seriously... sometimes you just gotta complain to someone! I know, I know just how you feel... I'm a 30H (there's a 10" difference between my bust and underbust measurements), I can NEVER find underwear/clothing that fits, and I'm uncomfortable all the time. I wanted to punch my doctor in the face when he suggested my back pain was due to stress. Uh, no :?

I probably went through some hormonal issues in puberty - maybe these are more common in Aspergians, if you want this to "relate" to the site topic. As in, I had a lot of other gynelogical problems, early and extreme.

However, how to deal with it is a problem... find REALLY supportive bras, is the best you can do, if you're American. Insurance won't provide unless you're 500 lbs or whatever. I've tried. Also, do exercises that stretch and strengthen your back & abs, and try to read (or do whatever activity is similar) lying down, not sitting up, because that way your back/shoulders will be supported. Dunno if this helps, but it's something!