Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm

I'm strange in a way NT men generally don't like. *Shrug* That's my problem. I'm just an unusual person. I have no negative feelings towards them for it. I respect that evolution has ultimately dictated what type of behaviors and characteristics men and women are attracted to.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 3:46 am

bluerose wrote:
Aimless - you're confusing me with someone else, and I take more care of my physical appearance than most people, I even had eyelash extensions at one point, and my hair is blonde. Those women were plain, average, they were not ugly. Don't confuse the two, it's very different. I've been TOLD it's my looks, I'm not blind and I do own a mirror, and see photographs of myself next to normal-looking women. I've seen women that wear no makeup, stupid-looking clothes and look dirty most of the time - not to mention zero social skills, not to mention a basic smile - get compliments and whistled at and flirted with. Of course they never have to suffer the type of abuse I have to.

This isn't a minority of men, this is EVERY man I've EVER interacted with for a prolonged period of time. My enitre LIFE EXPERIENCE, oh the appalling, nauseating stories I could tell you. NONE of them have gotten past of my appearance. The best treatment I've ever gotten from them was when some were sensible enough to leave me alone.

I dont know what it is. I dont believe its solely your looks. When people say its your looks, thats probably a superficial not well thought out answer. I know a girl who is not good looking by societal standards however shes very outgoing so shes liked by plenty of people. Her social skills make up for things. Even tho we are a rather superficial society, believe it or not personality does compensate for something. If I were to dress up and make myself look all attractive, I still think the girl I mentioned earlier would get like 10x more attention in general. Why? She has a good, likeable personality even tho she doesnt look good whereas, I dont.

bluerose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Aug 2011, 7:18 am

My problem is not with the lack of attraction, it's with the negative attention towards me, and bullying.

Ai_Ling - I have a fantastic, cheerful demeanor and I'm very much outgoing. I have friends among women and men that are gay. I have no trouble getting along with people that are not superficial apes, aka males:D There's a difference between being plain, which this girl probably is, and being UGLY. A big difference. I've only met one girl in my entire life that looked like me and she had similar problems, despite her outgoing personality. We are both very strong people with good attitudes, if we weren't, we wouldn't be able to cope with the mistreatment we receive in the hands of males.